Phantom 3SE Radio Control

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Apologies, in advance of this post, as I'm sure it would of been discussed previously, but I thought it worth a mention.

I opened up my SE radio control unit, as I'm going to fit the ARGtek Signal Range Extender and noticed that DJI did not hot glue the actual terminals for the WiFi, in the unit, but just the wires (see photo).

A little surprised, as all the modding I've see of this unit uses hot glue on the terminals themselves.

I'm going to hot glue the ARGtek wires to the terminals, anyway, just to be sure, but strange that DJI seem to feel that a hot glue of the terminals was not required after doing it for years?
IMG_20190630_104028.jpeg

Hi Guys,

Apologies, in advance of this post, as I'm sure it would of been discussed previously, but I thought it worth a mention.

I opened up my SE radio control unit, as I'm going to fit the ARGtek Signal Range Extender and noticed that DJI did not hot glue the actual terminals for the WiFi, in the unit, but just the wires (see photo).

A little surprised, as all the modding I've see of this unit uses hot glue on the terminals themselves.

I'm going to hot glue the ARGtek wires to the terminals, anyway, just to be sure, but strange that DJI seem to feel that a hot glue of the terminals was not required after doing it for years?View attachment 112495
I'm surprised that they used hot glue at all in the past on any delicate connectors. It only takes a bit of heat to arrive from somewhere and you'll probably end up with a gloopy or rehardened mess. Trying to clean it all up will probably end up damaging the connector/ripping the connector right off the cable.

I have never/will never glue delicate connectors directly on the connector. Seems like common sense to me.... :)

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for you reply, it's really interesting hearing the different viewpoints in here.
I must admit, when I watched videos of people dropping hot glue onto terminals, I was a little surprised, especially given the DJI choose not to do that on the SE.
Maybe a silicon would be better?

Hi Guys,

I'm going to hot glue the ARGtek wires to the terminals, anyway, just to be sure, but strange that DJI seem to feel that a hot glue of the terminals was not required after doing it for years?View attachment 112495

How much more distance will you gain?
My standard goes over2000 feet.
I think it will go over3000 feet not altered in anyway.
Why not just splice onto the WiFi wires instead of removing that small plug.
Those plugs will never be plugged back in 100% to work correctly. They will work 80 or 95% but not 100%. If I decide to mod my remote I will just splice into the wire.

Reactions: Keeno1969
How much more distance will you gain?
My standard goes over2000 feet.
I think it will go over3000 feet not altered in anyway.
Why not just splice onto the WiFi wires instead of removing that small plug.
Those plugs will never be plugged back in 100% to work correctly. They will work 80 or 95% but not 100%. If I decide to mod my remote I will just splice into the wire.
I'm a little confused. How do you splice into a coaxial cable that small? The connectors make a very positive snap into place, how could it not be a good connection. Just asking?

I'm a little confused. How do you splice into a coaxial cable that small? The connectors make a very positive snap into place, how could it not be a good connection. Just asking?
Take your time and use a magnifying googles .
Cut coaxial and splice on to new . It’s not that easy but seriously can be done.

Take your time and use a magnifying googles .
Cut coaxial and splice on to new . It’s not that easy but seriously can be done.
Yes, it is possible to do this, with care. I've done it to solder in new antenna leads on some of my racing drone remote controllers.

As was brought up here recently, what's impossible/almost impossible to do though, is to refix a ripped-off connector on these type of leads as they are crimped on. Trying to solder it back on will merely destroy the minute plastic parts which lie therein...

I’ve cracked 3’s, 4’s, Mavics, and I’s and never seen a single female coax connector glued to its male counter-part. Crash repairs commonly involve disconnecting and reconnecting coax connectors. Steve7777 is right....glue would introduce a whole new set of problems.

if it's soft over the wires in the picture it's silicone...if it's hard over the wires in the picture...it's hot glue...I think it's silicone ....good post Steve !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic