Phantom 3 will not calibrate.

Reaction score
I have a Phantom three and it ran perfectly on last flight with no crashes. When I try to calibrate it now before flying it shows the 'Calibrate' box and when I choose it it says 'do you want to calibrate' and when I choose 'Yes' the Calibrate choice comes back again with no instruction to carry out the calibration. I took the top off the drone and tapped the pendulum box and still no change. any clues?

It has always asked me to calibrate it before i fly. I am worried about it not being in control if not. The pendulum is inside and determines the position of the machine when in flight. I jammed it once by crashing and tapping it cured it.

The compass of the P3 is in the bottom of one of the legs.

By pendulum, do you mean the IMU? The Phantom uses solid state devices, there is no pendulum. Tapping it is not going to help, unless you've actually dislodged it from the board.

It has always asked me to calibrate it before i fly. I am worried about it not being in control if not. .
This is a misunderstanding.
It's never asked you to calibrate before flying.
It just had a calibrate button on the first page that some people assumed was alerting them to a need to calibrate.
Frequent unnecessary compass calibration will not make you fly any safer but it could cause exactly the kind of issue you hoped to avoid.
If your compass is working well, there is never a need to do anything to it.

This is a misunderstanding.
It's never asked you to calibrate before flying.
It just had a calibrate button on the first page that some people assumed was alerting them to a need to calibrate.
Frequent unnecessary compass calibration will not make you fly any safer but it could cause exactly the kind of issue you hoped to avoid.
If your compass is working well, there is never a need to do anything to it.
Agreed totally... I calibrated few months ago and never again. If you performed an excellent calibration before, DO NOT DO IT AGAIN. Unless the app ask you to do it, don't.

Agreed totally... I calibrated few months ago and never again. If you performed an excellent calibration before, DO NOT DO IT AGAIN. Unless the app ask you to do it, don't.
So just to be clear, there is a Calibrate and Normal option. Calibrate is usually outlined in a box. I can see how some pilots may see that as a call-out to calibrate the compass.

If my lights are flashing green and my app says "Safe to Fly" then I fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.