Phantom 3 Transmitter Partially Binds with Red & Green Blinking Binding Light

Reaction score
Having a strange problem. I have 2 phantom 3 professionals. One is the older W323 model and the other is the newer W323B model.

Last week I bound the TX from the W323 to the W323B. Just wanted to see if the old TX would give me better range. It did not. But I had no problems binding it. It bound instantly. While it was bound to the W323B, I did do a TX firmware upgrade through the DJI GO app (I think this firmware upgrade may be causing my problem).

Today, I tried re-binding the TX back to the W323 and something strange happens as follows:

1) I use the proper procedure and get a binding confirmation on the DJI GO app.
2) The light on the TX turns from blue to green as it should.
3) The binding light on the P3 should also go to green, but instead it alternates between green and red.
4) When I exit the DJI GO apps linking dialog and return to the camera window, the warning up top states "RC Signal Lost"
5) Yes, I can still see the camera view and it is streaming. I can also see the aircraft status and that the aircraft is warming up. After warm up completes, I get the "rc signal lost" message. Everything on the aircraft status page is normal. Homepoint gets set and announced through the DJI GO app as well.
6) The arm lights are blinking yellow.

Any help would be appreciated. My theory is that I have to figure out how to rollback the firmware on the TX then try this again. I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the DJI Go app.

Found a fix. Leaving it here in case anyone else gets this irritating problem - I DOWNGRADED THE TX FIRMWARE:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.