phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hi all what would be a good height for return to home for my phantom 3 say I'm flying in the city or country so I will not hit power lines or phone lines, and would I would set it for meters is that about right, don't go by feet, and when anyone registered there drone do they carry proof that they registered there drone. just in case you were to get asked by police or DNR, just wondering. thanks for any advice,

I set mine to 30 meters. Considering I am a 107 operator I carry my registration inside my drone storage case along with a maintenance logbook and a cheat sheet of FARs. As required, it's also marked on my drone

Hi all what would be a good height for return to home for my phantom 3
Find the tallest obstacle above the takeoff point and add 50 feet. Check out this thread for more details on estimating a good RTH altitude.

Right now unless you are doing commercial work (getting paid) the requirement to register your drone has been suspended. I like the 50 meters (approx 150 feet). I stay away from tall trees and buildings. This all assumes you're in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan