Phantom 3 Standard W/ Litchi

Reaction score
Wow what a thrilling experience so far. Being a quadcopter pilot has been a lot of fun in the three days I have had mine, lol. I enjoyed using the go app never had any problems and enjoyed staying in my neighborhood practicing my flying skills and practicing my trust in the bird ( had a parrot mini drone, would randomly cut its motors in flight, so that makes it somewhat hard to trust the amazing phantom at first). I have a range extender and eventually worked on getting farther and farther it came back every single time. Then after looking on the forums I found litchi immediately saw it was pretty reputable and the results were great! I could make my bird go much farther without a newer bird or a more expensive range extender, just by using waypoints I looked at some videos set up my first practice flight carefully just within a couple hundred feet to see how it worked, worked great! So I began pushing this. Just a few minutes ago got myself to push it to lose connection just for twenty seconds while flying a 5,000 feet round trip flight. That was the scariest twenty seconds in a very long time. Anyone offer any in depth advice about how to get over this fear of helplessness. Thanks so much, glad to be apart of the community!

I flew my first way-point mission yesterday. Round trip was about 10,000 feet. I'd been working up the courage to try it for a couple of weeks now. I have done the Alfa antenna mod but never fly for distance so I wasn't sure what to expect as far as maintaining contact. The flight was low (180') and with solid tree cover, as well as some terrain. I lost signal very abruptly at 3200' behind a small hill (maybe because of the hill or because I wasn't sure what direction to aim the Alfas anymore). My wife heard Litchi say "Warning . . Signal Lost" and said, "What to you do now?" I said, "Nothing. We just sit here and hope it comes back". Sweating it out for a few minutes was tortuous and my heart rate increased quite a bit, but hearing the distant buzzing coming over the treetops was awesome. As far as getting over the fear, the more I've flown the more confidence I have gotten in the aircraft and my ability to bring it home, either through an app or by using the S2 switch. I'm always thinking "What do I do if . . . . " during a flight, both for safety reasons and so I minimize my chances of losing the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl