Phantom 3 standard reset button?

Reaction score
My first post here... Thanks in advance for any help. Does anyone know about the reset button on the P3S? After a small crash the drone wouldn't get but about two feet off the ground and have signal loss and force landing. I'm tried both ways to reset the RC linking... When I push on the reset button I don't feel it do anything.... I took the drone apart to look at it... I only see a plastic ended knob that floats easily where it sits... I pushed on what the button contacts but it does nothing... Should the plastic knob have a metal plate on top of it? I don't see how it would reset anything just touching the plastic to the circuit board?

Again... Thanks if anyone can understand my question... and help me out....
Jack

My first post here... Thanks in advance for any help. Does anyone know about the reset button on the P3S? After a small crash the drone wouldn't get but about two feet off the ground and have signal loss and force landing. I'm tried both ways to reset the RC linking... When I push on the reset button I don't feel it do anything.... I took the drone apart to look at it... I only see a plastic ended knob that floats easily where it sits... I pushed on what the button contacts but it does nothing... Should the plastic knob have a metal plate on top of it? I don't see how it would reset anything just touching the plastic to the circuit board?

Again... Thanks if anyone can understand my question... and help me out....
Jack
Welcome to the forum.

It has proven too common over the years for the P3S link switch to completely detach from the main board. Sometimes people can hear it rattling around inside the shell.

I suspect this has happened to you as well.

People have dealt with it in various ways. If they find the switch, resoldering. If not, rigging it with wires or putting the AC in link mode with a screwdriver since linking is not often needed. You can search the forum for more info such as here for example.

Others have ordered a new switch. The part linked below is what people have commented here has worked. It seems that when they are in stock, they often come in lots of 10. If out of stock, you should be able to find it somewhere online. You also may be able to find someone here on the forum who has an extra one...or nine.

(d) 10 Pcs CESS Tact Push Button Micro Mini Touch Switch Momentary 3.2x4.2x2.5mm SMT SMD: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and jack7j7
Welcome to the forum.

It has proven too common over the years for the P3S link switch to completely detach from the main board. Sometimes people can hear it rattling around inside the shell.

I suspect this has happened to you as well.

People have dealt with it in various ways. If they find the switch, resoldering. If not, rigging it with wires or putting the AC in link mode with a screwdriver since linking is not often needed. You can search the forum for more info such as here for example.

Others have ordered a new switch. The part linked below is what people have commented here has worked. It seems that when they are in stock, they often come in lots of 10. If out of stock, you should be able to find it somewhere online. You also may be able to find someone here on the forum who has an extra one...or nine.

(d) 10 Pcs CESS Tact Push Button Micro Mini Touch Switch Momentary 3.2x4.2x2.5mm SMT SMD: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Oso Thank you for the reply... I looked for that part number... not in stock right now and don't know if or when. I took the drone apart today for the first time... and ended up taking it apart about 5 times... I'd think of something else... ugh... I looked in around where the push button pushed against and I never saw anything that looked like that switch.... I would like to learn more about how you would put it in link mode using a screw driver...

This is my first drone and only had it about 3 weeks or so... So I'm trying to learn... I live in Arkansas and love flying it so far...
Thanks again for your help!

Oso Thank you for the reply... I looked for that part number... not in stock right now and don't know if or when. I took the drone apart today for the first time... and ended up taking it apart about 5 times... I'd think of something else... ugh... I looked in around where the push button pushed against and I never saw anything that looked like that switch.... I would like to learn more about how you would put it in link mode using a screw driver...

This is my first drone and only had it about 3 weeks or so... So I'm trying to learn... I live in Arkansas and love flying it so far...
Thanks again for your help!
I just found this post with a quick search.

It shows how the contacts on the board could be shorted to initiate link mode.

One guy in the thread said that he went the route of soldering wires to the contacts and attaching a switch to the shell.

Like I said earlier, you’ll need to search for the threads and find something you’re comfortable doing. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
I just found this post with a quick search.

It shows how the contacts on the board could be shorted to initiate link mode.

One guy in the thread said that he went the route of soldering wires to the contacts and attaching a switch to the shell.

Like I said earlier, you’ll need to search for the threads and find something you’re comfortable doing. Cheers!
Thanks Oso... I was reading that thread when I received your reply.... I honestly searched and searched earlier but apparently I wasn't typing in the key words....

Thanks so much, I'll let you know if I succeed...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic