Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Thanks guys. I've installed the bin file to the root directory and powered up the drone. I have flashing yellow lights and constant screeching sounds! I've left it like this in the hope it's reinstalling the firmware? I don't remember these noises before. Not like this anyway!
Same here, constant screeching(and red led on gimbal's front) means firmware update failed. I couldn't update mine either. I believe we need separate topic for those who screwed up with ftp hack, maybe we'll find a solution in this way

Something else you can try just to see what it will do is the wifi password reset.

After the controller has been turned on, hold the gimbal wheel to the right and move the S2 switch up and down atleast 5 or more times. The power light will blink red/green really fast, turn it off and back on. See if that does anything?

Reactions: Markhull
19478ec5e0af6e796f8541473dd4d273.jpg

Going to try again now but it's not looking hopeful. I take all responsibility for attempting this but I've followed it perfectly and I've used ftp software before. I'm at a loss as to what's gone wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Going to try again now but it's not looking hopeful. I take all responsibility for attempting this but I've followed it perfectly and I've used ftp software before. I'm at a loss as to what's gone wrong.
I don't think it matters now what went wrong. Having such an unpredictable possibility to make a permanent brick, this hack doesn't make sense, I don't recommend it to anybody, until an easy way of unbricking is found. I don't think it can unbricked at home either

Reactions: harry9s
It's very odd as the controller will start the drones motors and I can get a video feed, just no other data from the drone in the app. Can't link the controller despite everything.

Do you mean permissions when editing the files henick? I didn't check that - kicking myself for it now. Just wish this firmware would install from the SD card and potentially save the day.

It's very odd as the controller will start the drones motors and I can get a video feed, just no other data from the drone in the app. Can't link the controller despite everything.

Do you mean permissions when editing the files henick? I didn't check that - kicking myself for it now. Just wish this firmware would install from the SD card and potentially save the day.

So you can start the motors? Can you ping the drone @ 1.2 when you are connected?

I can start and stop the motors. When I tried earlier with cyberduck it wouldn't connect to 1.2, only 1.1.

It's likely file permissions on the files modified as mentioned earlier in the thread.
We really need some more information on permissions, I have basic knowledge from using ubuntu a few years ago but am using windows now. How would the permissions be done on windows?
This hack seems like what everyone is looking for, its just a shame that the risks are so high.

Something else you can try just to see what it will do is the wifi password reset.

After the controller has been turned on, hold the gimbal wheel to the right and move the S2 switch up and down atleast 5 or more times. The power light will blink red/green really fast, turn it off and back on. See if that does anything?

Didn't help mate but thanks, was worth a try.

As I said before make sure your script has execution rights before writing file(s) back to drone/controller. That is command "chmod +x rcS" in Linux

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Using notepad++ on windows seems to work okay, atleast with loading, editing and saving the original script file and then uploading (overwriting) it to the drone/remote with filezilla.

use pc with windows/linux to do this mod, dont use mac.
it seem most bricked device were mod on mac

windows:
ftp via cmd, use ascii mode, modify file by notedpad++ to keep eol in unix format
upload via ftp and make sure file mode = 775

linux / android:
ftp with ascii mode, use gedit or vi
upload via ftp and make sure file mode = 775

Hi, thanks for finding and experimenting this quite useful improvement,
before i try ist, one question from a hf-noob:
is it problematic to use high antennas instead of the built in?
(i use 2 cheap ebay 8db 2.4 ghz patch antennas )
can too much antenna gain destroy the wifimodule if the transmit power is set too high ?

Reactions: harry9s
For those of you using filezilla on windows you check and change file permissions like this. (Not my vid) Filezilla defaults to ascii mode on unknown files so you shouldnt need to touch upload mode. But read read read understand everything before messing around inside the phantom. If in doubt dont touch anything unless you have the money to replace it.

Permissions may be governed by ownership also. I have a p3p so I can't look but someone should check the original owner of the file and make sure it's chowned to the same owner in the script if not chmod +x as well for good measure. They are probably the only 2 reasons a file wouldn't run besides someone neglecting to add the shebang to point the interpreter to the proper location of the embedded bash. (!#/sbin/bash? -- I am a Linux sysadmin I can help but I don't have a p3s so all I can do is help blind sorry)

A downgrade/re-upgrade should fix your problem in this case if successful though yes.

Good work here to the poster. Before it is patched you should be adding a root SSH key and scouring for anything that can help get in again afterward. It will be a nervous day to test the next patch to see if the entire thing is flashed or if anything remains (incremental patch) to let access persist. Where did you come up with the big China password to begin with?

Last edited:
yes i was meant to ask that, how did you get the password? o_O

Another great test result. Lost 5.8 control signal due building but wifi was 100% all the time.
Never achieved 100% signal score before.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I guess that Litch app didn't exactly display the video quality(always full level) about P3S. It is better to use DJI go app when you test the level of image quality. ^^ I check the my rc and P3S are FCC mode with GPS. ^^ (I live in Korea)
But, I still have the problem on line 27 error in selchan.sh Is it due to FCC mode is disable at CH12,13,14 ?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj