Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Thanks mate. I bought already the deflectors.
I dont know about phantom 2...
Does anybody has experience with generic batteries for phantom 3? I have read that they are good. But I really have no idea.

Hello! Great news. Now you can fix low rc signal trouble. Its hardware ac trouble. The receiver 5,8 module. There is small chip, and its damaged. Needs to remove this chip, and replace new. But, if you have not new one - you can connect by wire 2 points on board, and rc range will be great as before trouble. This is my little video of fixed P3S, and picture of receiver board.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any information as to what this chip is thats being bypassed here? And how would you know you need to do this- like how bad was it before you did this mod?

Any information as to what this chip is thats being bypassed here?
Its the trigger betwin 2 antennas 5,8. Its connect to the receiver 1st or 2nd antenna. If you remove this chip, and connect direcitly, then will work only one antenna, but its work great. Its useless chip.
how bad was it before you did this mod?
3 times worth range, and absolutelly unsable. Often rc lost - go home when siply rotate copter on close range. Now you see on video. My config is (and was) itelite dbs antenna, fcc activated, 1w 5,8g transmitter on rc.
The fix way is work 100%. Many people on russian forum did it, and have great results.

Its the trigger betwin 2 antennas 5,8. Its connect to the receiver 1st or 2nd antenna. If you remove this chip, and connect direcitly, then will work only one antenna, but its work great. Its useless chip.

3 times worth range, and absolutelly unsable. Often rc lost - go home when siply rotate copter on close range. Now you see on video. My config is (and was) itelite dbs antenna, fcc activated, 1w 5,8g transmitter on rc.
The fix way is work 100%. Many people on russian forum did it, and have great results.

Sorry if you already said it . But what chip is the one to remove !!

But what chip is the one to remove !
This is picture with fixed receiver. Removed chip under yellow tape.
429933c5a3d7.jpg

I'm there now but my god it's so small you would have to have a microscopic tool to fix this
5e1485a2af89339f2a744d32cf40d660.jpg

I wonder if it's possible for me to do it !! I don't really know anyone who could do something so small but I am going to try to find a place that can unless I can do it somehow !! Cause mine has to be fixed ! It looses rc signal all the time at any distance and it always still has wifi signal

It looses rc signal all the time at any distance and it always still has wifi signal
I think that my way can help you. To be shure, you can test the cip.

Take multimeter, ohm meter mode. Points 1 - 3 and 2 - 3 there should not be a short circuit. If any of it has short circuit, it means the antenna signal canel connectet to ground - weak signal - chip dead. It often happends while firmware update. Why - I dont know. May be chip owerheting.
WARNING!
Be be extremely careful, during repair. Very small details, should not be a short circuit on any of it. Central platform under the chip is ground. New jumper nowise sould not contact it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greybush
After repair be carefull with rc. Receiver will be very sensitive, dont use rc + ac closer than 1 meter.
Especially, if you have powerfull transmitter modure or antenna on rc. Removing the cip bring +2 db rc signal power.

So you have to remove the antenna to test ohms? and thank you very much for the advice I am going to check tonight. I just done the magic power thing and I have the argtec antenna mod on transmitter ! I flew it the other night it went 1400 ft but soon as I let off forward it said rc signal lost then all the sudden it came back then lost again sometimes it does it up close it will loose signal and all this happened after the update hopefully this will fix it I have done everything even downgraded firmware and didn't work

Last edited:
I think I found a guy who can do this do you think it would be better to just do the bypass or replace the chip I know this guy can probably do either one whatever that Chip is it is a common problem on the P3S seems like I have been reading and reading and reading trying to figure out what has been going on with mine for so long

do you think it would be better to just do the bypass
I think, bypass is enough or better then chip. Chip is the trigger betwin 2 antennas. I think - its unnecessarily difficult. And the chip eats 2 db. Single antenna is comleatly great works. Me and my friends with same trouble and same fixes flying great, without any malfunction.
I have been reading and reading and reading trying to figure out what has been going on with mine for so long
Me too. And I was very happy to know thad the problem is decided.

2.0 dB is a bit high according to spec sheet- @ 5.8, its typical insertion loss is 0.60 dB. Worst case is 0.80 dB.

Ok tested my chip and I have no ground or continuity between 1-3 or 2-3 now on the middle pin between 1..and.2 I get continuity so would that mean my chip is good ?

Thanks I'm going to take it to a man who has the setup and fixes all kinds of micro electronics so hopefully he can do this I had to put a small wire on my meter to test chip it's not easy without a magnifying glass
1044f936b52e19d2e00f18b76204febc.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic