Phantom 3 standard picture quality

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to know if this picture quality (RAW, auto), which is worse than with an iPhone 5s, is normal:

DJI P3S_vs_iphone5s.png

DJI phantom 3 standard on the left, iPhone 5s on the right.

Thank you, JF.

How do the cameras stack up against each other?
Which has the better spec, as it looks like the I phone pic is better.

Hello,

Just wanted to know if this picture quality (RAW, auto), which is worse than with an iPhone 5s, is normal:

View attachment 90273
DJI phantom 3 standard on the left, iPhone 5s on the right.

Thank you, JF.

It's all washed out. Good thing it's in RAW as all those things can be adjusted. If you would like to send me original file I can show you what's possible. You may need a drop box or similar site as RAW files are heavy on the gigabytes

Agreed left is overexposed .The angle of the shots are also not the same slightly differentCompare when you have same settings on both , shutter , apperture , ISO , focus point lighting etc , otherwise it's meaningless.

Your answer is no, it's not normal. As noted already, it's overexposed. And RAW files are unprocessed, unsharpened. You have the capability to do more with it.
These were made from RAW files:

Attachments

• DJI_0054  Gill Front Crop.jpg
    DJI_0054 Gill Front Crop.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 568
  • DJI_0028  Cumberland Falls.jpg
    DJI_0028 Cumberland Falls.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 572
The photo from your drone is over exposed and the iPhone pic isn't.
You might get a better comparison if they were both well exposed.
Your answer is no, it's not normal. As noted already, it's overexposed. And RAW files are unprocessed, unsharpened. You have the capability to do more with it.
These were made from RAW files:
Thank you for your advice. I mainly wanted to know if I had some hardware problem that I should return to DJI. Some people pointed out focusing problem that could be solved by rotating the lens. I tried this and it changed nothing.

The photo from your drone is over exposed and the iPhone pic isn't.
You might get a better comparison if they were both well exposed.
Thank you for your advice. It’s a bit odd that the drone picture is overexposed as it was nighttime and light was quite low in my office. Should I put a ND filter at all times?

Thank you for your advice. It’s a bit odd that the drone picture is overexposed as it was nighttime and light was quite low in my office. Should I put a ND filter at all times?
No .. an ND filter won't prevent that.
The camera's metering system would then give a longer exposure as it would still try to give what it believes is a correct exposure.
You could check the exposure over-ride adjustment to see if it's on EV0 or is set to overexpose a little.
If it's a consistent issue, you could set it to EV-0.3.

Reactions: Oso
No .. an ND filter won't prevent that.
The camera's metering system would then give a longer exposure as it would still try to give what it believes is a correct exposure.
You could check the exposure over-ride adjustment to see if it's on EV0 or is set to overexpose a little.
If it's a consistent issue, you could set it to EV-0.3.
Ok, I will try that. Thank you!

Holly Cow!!! this fixed a problem I was having.....WOOHOO!!! Ive been using a filter for the past week trying to fix it. Thanks for posting this guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello