Phantom 3 standard no SSID help

Reaction score
Hello pilots, good morning,

2 days ago i installed my argtek kit, went out tested it, everything was perfect.

The following day (yesterday) i went to try something and noticed a solid red light on my remote, and i cant seem to find my phamton network not even manually, i can control the gimbal, start craft, flys and all, i just cant connect to my drone.

I did my search, seems like a very common thing with p3s, i just can't seem to find a solution, 2 weeks old drone, have anyone here managed to fix it or something, i really need my p3s functional for next week to record my wedding.

Help please.

First try to reset WiFi downlink, you say that you can fly it which means that control signal works and this indicates that problem is in wifi repeater. If reset don't help then open it up and check connection and inspect that you didn't damaged something when installing argtek. If non of this help you will have to contact DJI and probably send it to them, just first remove argtek and don't mention it to them and pray that they don't notice that you opened it because it will void your warranty if you have one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I tried that reset didnt work,

i was just wondering if theres a way to reset the remote factory or memory reset, i just cant figure it out and they will take more than 7days, cant do that, all i removed was the 3 wires, 2.4 and 5.8 , everything else is intact

Sorry to hear that, but as far as I know there no other solution then to send it to DJI.

Yeah, maybe someone knows something better but as far as I know nobody menaged to fix that issue without DJI, only other thing you can do is to buy new RC.

Reactions: err0r
Make sure you push the dial to the LEFT... it seems different from the video, where you're supposed to push RIGHT. Also, follow the procedure to the letter.

Make sure you push the dial to the LEFT... it seems different from the video, where you're supposed to push RIGHT. Also, follow the procedure to the letter.
Right is for video downlink, left is for remote link

If you're running out of options, try doing both procedures, carefully and precisely as explained in the manual. You have nothing to lose.

Im going crazy here, reverted everything to stock, and im off by 3 days at best buy, cant return not exchange

Not an RF expert, but maybe there was something wrong with the Argtek and you "burned" the 2.4GHz module in the RC...
Last (likely useless) suggestion: have you tried another mobile device, and see if it detects the RC WiFi?

Not an RF expert, but maybe there was something wrong with the Argtek and you "burned" the 2.4GHz module in the RC...
Last (likely useless) suggestion: have you tried another mobile device, and see if it detects the RC WiFi?
That could be a possibility, after installing it it worked flawlessly, left it sit overnight and boom, nothing, no wifi signal nor nothing, my tablet cant find it, solid redlight on remote, my phone cant find it etc..

@err0r

Are you still stuck?

The SSID comes from the remote no matter if the Phantom is on or off.
That signal is WiFi AP (Access Point) any WiFi device will see it including a laptop.

Re-linking Remote and Phantom will not fix the remote not sending out a WiFi signal.

Your remote was solid red, which means the remote cannot see the signal from the phantom.
So assuming nothing has happen to the Phantom, then you lost WiFi signal output from the remote, and the WiFi receiving on the remote from the Phantom at the same time.

If you can't find what happen to the remote, you better have new one on its way.

IMHO, I have been flying Phantoms for over 2 years, I'm just now getting to a comfort level that I might do something like wedding stuff, but I would have the whole thing thought out and practiced first.

Good Luck!

Rod

@err0r

Are you still stuck?

The SSID comes from the remote no matter if the Phantom is on or off.
That signal is WiFi AP (Access Point) any WiFi device will see it including a laptop.

Re-linking Remote and Phantom will not fix the remote not sending out a WiFi signal.

Your remote was solid red, which means the remote cannot see the signal from the phantom.
So assuming nothing has happen to the Phantom, then you lost WiFi signal output from the remote, and the WiFi receiving on the remote from the Phantom at the same time.

If you can't find what happen to the remote, you better have new one on its way.

IMHO, I have been flying Phantoms for over 2 years, I'm just now getting to a comfort level that I might do something like wedding stuff, but I would have the whole thing thought out and practiced first.

Good Luck!

Rod
Yes im stuck, had to buy a remote because its a time sensitive matter, than i would have to ship my remote to dji, everything was working fine after i installed the argtek antennas, i flew far, video excellent and next day on the afternoon it just went solid red, i am able to control the phantom and fly but no wifi signal

Yeah, I don't know much about the insides, but I'm sure my answers are 99% correct information.
If I'm not sure, I state it. ;)

Tell us what happens, Good, bad or ????.

Rod

Yeah, I don't know much about the insides, but I'm sure my answers are 99% correct information.
If I'm not sure, I state it. ;)

Tell us what happens, Good, bad or ????.

Rod
Im still under warranty, i just put remote back together and waiting monday for tje new one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan