Phantom 3 standard maximum range

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my p3s gets 1500 meters range with the standard antenna set up with a cheap ebay parabolic antenna slipped over the antenna , and around 1300 meters without it, my question is if I put a argtec WiFi extender on my remote will I get a lot further than 1500 metres or is it not really worth doing? I am thinking if the standard antenna gets 1500 metres the argtek setup should be a lot better??
PS that distance is on a farm with no trees or interference from trees and buildings etc. See distance in attached file
Screenshot_20170414-132144.png

Last edited:
The question really is - do you need more range ? At present you have very good range for a Windsurfer - I only managed about 800m with one.
Generaly Argtek gives similar results about 1500 - 2000m over flat clear land.

There's no way anyone can predict what will be your result. I managed about 2300m .....

I am now getting over 4000 because I have boosters fitted yo the Argtek system. But I don't actually need that range, my reason was to get better consistent reliable range out to 2000m in as many conditions as possible.

Nigel

Reactions: p3s_noob
New distance of 1680 metres with the standard antenna and windsurfer, not too bad had video the whole time, whereas usually still have control of the quad but i have No video when way out there.

Reactions: p3s_noob
Very similar distance to me, are you using a windsurfer Dpemberton415?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170415-124127.png
    Screenshot_20170415-124127.png
    587 KB · Views: 1,187
Very similar distance to me, are you using a windsurfer Dpemberton415?
That's with nothing but what I got when I bought it and took it out of the box but after reading threads on boosters vrs antenna kits I seen this one guy ordered the blue proton, he opened his controller found a antenna wasn't even plugged in. I was having range problems I thought so I grabbed mine and opened it up seen my transmitter antenna cable end was turned so the metal on the connector was touching the metal shield of the transmitter I pried it so it wasn't touching and started getting better range.

I don't want to go to the moon but I'd like to get to around 2 kms and be able to have good video and control without rth kicking in, people will say in that case buy an advanced or pro but Im going to give the argtek a go, if I'm getting 1700 metres with the piss weak Internal video antennas and the tiny control antenna I should see a huge improvement I'm guessing...

So before you opened up the controller what sort of range were you getting?
I really want to try a wind surfer but first need to get my bird back to 100% lost a prop in flight. So first things first need a new shell, shock absorbertion board, and gimbal yaw arm before anymore distance flying. No to mention get my confidence back lol for now I'm staying low and close.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
In flight didn't hit anything shouldn't have I was 217 feet. The more I've thought about it I think the fault may lay on me I was speeding to get ready to fly and didn't check props after just giving them a spin while trying to get tablet ready

The question really is - do you need more range ? At present you have very good range for a Windsurfer - I only managed about 800m with one.
Generaly Argtek gives similar results about 1500 - 2000m over flat clear land.

There's no way anyone can predict what will be your result. I managed about 2300m .....

I am now getting over 4000 because I have boosters fitted yo the Argtek system. But I don't actually need that range, my reason was to get better consistent reliable range out to 2000m in as many conditions as possible.

Nigel
can you please guide the setup, and things required for argtek, actually i have argrek installed and need amps to boost it, please provide the snaps of remote attached with amps

Reactions: ranajee82
That's a little extreme for me lol I can't even put my controller in my hard shell now with out taking my tablet mount off.

Hi guys, I'm changing the subject a bit here, has anyone else noticed their gimbal making a slight mechanical whirring noise even when the drone is sitting on a table or something? I'm super careful, I put the lense cap back on as well as the gimbal lock when I've finished flying, I thought it would make some noise when it's moving, obviously, but eventually even when it's stationary, thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers