Phantom 3 standard intermittent weak transmission signal

Reaction score
My Dji phantom 3 standard shows weak transmission signal at times followed by signal lost in flight. It returns to he position. I am not able to get even 100 meters of range. Very irritating.
The signal keeps fluctuating.

My Dji phantom 3 standard shows weak transmission signal at times followed by signal lost in flight. It returns to he position. I am not able to get even 100 meters of range. Very irritating.
Have look at channel settings might be on dirty channel

Reactions: epicdoom
From your post, it seems you lose the 5.8GHz control signal as you say that the AC "returns to the position". If that's true, make sure you keep the RC antenna pointed the right way, which is at 90 degrees relative to AC. Do not point the antenna straight toward the AC as that's the worst possible orientation.

The "channel" mentioned above by @ianzone only applies to the 2.4GHz signal (WiFi) and might explain weak video/telemetry feed, not loss of control signal.

In any case, the best thing you can do is to test your P3S in a remote location, away from interferences, and see how it behaves in ideal conditions. If you still get only 100m, then most likely you have a problem.

Agree with both posts Definitely try flying in another location preferably a more open space. and look at the app setting to make sure nothing has changed with regards to distance limits and such when I updated my standard all my settings reset didn't know it till I went out to fly it and couldn't get any further out then 100ft before being warned of weak signal and then disconnected.

Hi Im having similar issues with P3 4K, I flew up 60m and i lost video signal and flew it down but once down i could only fly 50m from the home position (untill i powered down the drone and controller) and im also getting weak transmission even standing 5m away from the drone after the recent FW Update

Hi Im having similar issues with P3 4K, I flew up 60m and i lost video signal and flew it down but once down i could only fly 50m from the home position (untill i powered down the drone and controller) and im also getting weak transmission even standing 5m away from the drone after the recent FW Update

As a general suggestion, try to explain more in details what you are experiencing, so people can help you.
Couple comments:
- if with "flew up" you mean straight above you, that's possibly the worse position, when it comes to radio signals
- you might very well know this, but remember to keep the RC antenna (5.8GHz control signal) at 90 degrees relative to the AC, not pointing straight at it
- the antennas for the video signal (2.4GHz WiFi) are inside the RC, next to the 5.8GHz antenna, so it helps pointing that side of the remote toward the AC
- what happens after you power down AC+RC? You turn them back on and everything works perfectly?
- are you flying always in the same location? If yes, go somewhere else, possible a remote location with no interferences
- weak transmission with the AC very close to the RC is possible
- in DJI GO, make sure you're logged in with your DJI account, are not in beginner mode or have (short) distance limits enabled. In all these cases, your AC will refuse to fly beyond a certain distance, but it's pretty obvious when it does so I doubt you're confusing this with a weak signal.

I was thinking he was in beginner mode. for the distance issue the weak signal could be anything from antenna alignment to interference issue in the area

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl