Phantom 3 Standard has become very unreliable :[

Reaction score
I’ve had my p3s for 2 years with very little issues. A few months ago I took it out to fly and it said the password was wrong (I had a previous thread regarding that). I then had a few weeks of testing and recalibrating.
Took it out today: connected to Wifi right away (previously that was a huge problem), but no gps at all, only atti. Shut everything down, rebooted, no luck.
Walked about 50 feet (wasn’t close to metal or interference before), it worked fine. I went up 360’, and only about 550’ away , video gets choppy, lost signal once, brought it back, within 100’, video is very bad, 5-10 frames a second. I land it and call it a day.
So, technically it works, but is so temperamental I can’t count on it for a shoot. There’s no rhyme or reason to why it didn’t work the first time I tried it today and then did 2 minutes later.
My previous thread was similar, wouldn’t connect to the RC, did the same reconnection steps about 10 times over a week, eventually worked, but not from trying anything different.
I guess I’m more venting than looking for a solution, might be about ready to keep this as the backup drone, it’s too unreliable.

I guess I’m more venting than looking for a solution, might be about ready to keep this as the backup drone, it’s too unreliable.
Just for informational purposes, this has a lot to do with the new GO app versions being memory hogs and they are at that. I could be that your device is too slow to keep up. I dropped GO a long time ago and only fly with Litchi. I still use GO on occasion for general maintenance but I would try another device before giving up. Just my 2 cents worth.

Did you happen to update firmware lately? I’ve got 2 Standards that are on very old firmware that have zero issues. Haven’t updated firmware in three years or the GoApp in over two years.

Maybe you should consider downgrading firmware, if that may have caused your issues. Just my 2 cents too........

Good luck [emoji106]

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Good insight. Haven’t updated firmware in at least a year, running latest GO on iPhone 7+, which should be new enough.
Haven’t used litchi recently since I couldn’t even get into the drone. Now that I can, I’ll try it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20