Phantom 3 Standard falls out of sky and almost injures people

As of now, a DJI Phantom can not do that. Maybe in the future DJI will put that feature in the Phantom 5.[emoji4]
Yes, it's a seemingly simple buy in of code. We would all benefit.

I never suggested DJI AC had the functionality, I simply said it is possible and evidently it is.

One has to look at such an article today, 4.5 years later, with skepticism.
In some cases published papers and a 'lab queen' demo unit are a means to raise funds or solicit a buy-out.

This article is as old as the Phantom 1 itself yet NO manufacturer has implemented it?
(not 100% sure but can anybody name or cite one?)

Does it really work?
Must the subject vehicle be (nearly) perfectly balanced?
Will it work with a gimbal/camera equipped platform (again balance issue)?
Despite the claim it is only 'code', What sensor suite, additional hardware, or computing power is (really) required?
What is the cost/benefit ratio for a manufacturer?
WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN IT YET?

Maybe it would provide a more predictable trajectory to ground but without warning of failure would it be any safer for those who operate near people or structures?
Would the high rate of spin mitigate the resultant damage upon impact or would it impart more energy and cause more damage?

If anyone has the funds to buy or develop and implement such it would seem DJI, the #1 consumer drone manufacturer, with Billions, would.

I liken this to similar papers about battery technology promising greater energy density and fractional charge times yet to be realized.... IT'S SIMPLY NOT COMMERCIALLY PRACTICAL........ today (disclaimer :)).

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
One has to look at such an article today, 4.5 years later, with skepticism.
In some cases published papers and a 'lab queen' demo unit are a means to raise funds or solicit a buy-out.

This article is as old as the Phantom 1 itself yet NO manufacturer has implemented it?
(not 100% sure but can anybody name or cite one?)

Does it really work?
Despite the claim it is only 'code', What sensor suite, additional hardware, or computing power is (really) required?
What is the cost/benefit ratio for a manufacturer?
WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN IT YET?

Maybe it would provide a more predictable trajectory to ground but without warning of failure would it be any safer for those who operate near people or structures?
Would the high rate of spin mitigate the resultant damage upon impact or would it impart more energy and cause more damage?

If anyone has the funds to buy or develop and implement such it would seem DJI, the #1 consumer drone manufacturer, with Billions, would.

I liken this to similar papers about battery technology promising greater energy density and fractional charge times yet to be realized.... IT'S SIMPLY NOT COMMERCIALLY PRACTICAL........ today (disclaimer :)).
Agree!

Exactly what I thought.

Maybe one day someone will die and you will stop doing reckless flights over people.
As a professional pilot in France, I have to request authorizations for every flight in populated area, don't have the right to fly over people, need a minimal 30m exclusion zone, have to keep the drone in line of sight at all time, have an insurance... and I am aware at all time that my drone could fail and that if it happens I have done everything to ensure that it will not hurt people.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Maybe one day someone will die and you will stop doing reckless flights over people.
As a professional pilot in France, I have to request authorizations for every flight in populated area, don't have the right to fly over people, need a minimal 30m exclusion zone, have to keep the drone in line of sight at all time, have an insurance... and I am aware at all time that my drone could fail and that if it happens I have done everything to ensure that it will not hurt people.

France? That’s cool dude.. But advice from the French? We don’t need it. We got Benjamin Martin, we know what he done to the French!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl