Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Kesuki did you ever say how long the U.FL TO RP-SMA wires were to run from your board all the way to the antenna? Just want to make sure I get ones that are long enough? If anyone else knows feel free to chime in. Is 8 inch long enough or are they longer?

Yes, it would be nice if they were shorter so they would have less chance of getting pulled out. To me, less connections is better. Once I get my new firmware RC Signal issue figured out, I'm going to do this.

Sounds like you got it. I personally like the Franken-TX look of Dirkclods! :D
Do you happen to know if this cable will attach directly to the back of the itelite from the board or will I have to have another connector? just want to make sure this cable is all I need to go from the board to antenna with no need for any holes to be drilled. Here's the one I'm talking about: 2PCS RF pigtail cable RP-SMA female to U.FL / IPEX Mini PCI RG178 30CM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009UMQ23I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_acCJwb58RTSCJ

Hey Cruizer, you didn't happen to notice if you had 2 or 3 diodes inside your controller on the install did you? I noticed dirkclod said he had 3 and you are one of the only other ones on the forum I've heard of getting that much range 10K+ ft, just wanted to see if the number of diodes was correlated with the long distance. Viktor noted he only had two diodes back on page 23, you can see the image I'm referring to there.

Btw, i only had 2 Diodes and i was getting 2+ miles. I gave my dbsmods antenna to my friend after upgrading to the P3A, and he only has 2 diodes and was able to get around 2+ miles as well.

Dose this modification work on the phantom three standard as well

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the forum Richard .:)
If you are asking about the itelite panel....yes
You are in the Standard section and that's what everything you read in here should be about .

Btw, i only had 2 Diodes and i was getting 2+ miles. I gave my dbsmods antenna to my friend after upgrading to the P3A, and he only has 2 diodes and was able to get around 2+ miles as well.
When you say 'diodes' are you referring to the LED's inside the TX? You were getting long range outta that bird! What did you do to it besides the TX antenna? Seen shots of flights?

When you say 'diodes' are you referring to the LED's inside the TX? You were getting long range outta that bird! What did you do to it besides the TX antenna? Seen shots of flights?

On the left side of wifi panel inside the tx, some people who werent getting great distance with the dbsmods antenna notices they only had 2 diodes and some people who were getting great distance had 3 diodes. Theres a few pictures in this thread but i cant find it at the moment. I only had 2 and was still getting good distance so im not sure if thats anything.

I have a vid on my youtube of the 2 miles flight but i got the p3a yesterday and i reinstalled and cleared the flight logs so i can get a fresh start on the p3a. ill get a flight log from my buddy who bought the antenna from me.

Does anyone know where I can get a
The diodes he is referring to are shown in post #442 on page 23. Some have 2 some have 3 I guess.

Does anyone know where I can get a

The diodes he is referring to are show in post #442 on page 23. Some have 2 some have 3 I guess.
Actually they are LED's. As far as I know it is yet unknown as to why some have 2 and some have 3.

On the left side of wifi panel inside the tx, some people who werent getting great distance with the dbsmods antenna notices they only had 2 diodes and some people who were getting great distance had 3 diodes. Theres a few pictures in this thread but i cant find it at the moment. I only had 2 and was still getting good distance so im not sure if thats anything.

I have a vid on my youtube of the 2 miles flight but i got the p3a yesterday and i reinstalled and cleared the flight logs so i can get a fresh start on the p3a. ill get a flight log from my buddy who bought the antenna from me.
I am considering doing this mod myself. I have two LED's in mine.

I am considering doing this mod myself. I have two LED's in mine.
I also have 2 on mine. But mine does not go as far (only 4683.1 ft) even in open space. I already sent @DBS an email looking for solution yesterday and I'm waiting for his response. Will update after I hear from him...

anything.

Wasn't there a picture of your log in that video like I put in mine to show the distance . I saw the video but can't remember where .

Found 1 screenshot pic of the best flight i had on the P3S. Unfortunately at the end of the flight i had great connection but a group of people stopped right in front of me with one of them on their cell phone and i lost signal right when they moved in front of me. Not sure how much further i wouldve got if those people didnt stand in front of my antenna. View attachment 39756
Ain't that how it always is .These will get out there :)
Matter of fact it's cloudy here and no wind so think I'll try and get out there again ;)
Can't wait till ya mod your new one and see what ya get !

Oops, deleted the post instead of editing it.

Found 1 screenshot pic of the best flight i had on the P3S. Unfortunately at the end of the flight i had great connection but a group of people stopped right in front of me with one of them on their cell phone and i lost signal right when they moved in front of me. Not sure how much further i wouldve got if those people didnt stand in front of my antenna.
upload_2016-1-7_17-35-37.png

Hello Everyone!

My itelite antenna has just arrived from dbs-mod, I'm looking forward to upgrade my Phantom 3 standard:)
My question: is it recommended to use better quality cables instead of what was in the package from DBS?

I found these:
SMA to uFL/u.FL/IPX/IPEX RF Adapter Cable

Any suggestion for the rp-sma cable?

The fpvlr shipping cost to Europe is 50 $...it is a joke.

Thanks for any help!

Regards:
Robert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl