Phantom 3 standard $350 @ target ymmv

If you read the last few pages of the tread at slickdeals you will see a number of people have been buying them for $209. And if you go back even earlier in the tread a bunch more bought at $349. But the prices vary from store to store. Many stores are still at the original $499. But again there are a bunch of people that have bought at these prices. I live in CO and there are none in stock at any price. I know there were a bunch in the Minneapolis area for $349 a few days back. I figured all those people up there are still in therapy after that devastating loss to the Seahawks so they couldn't make it to the store.

Reactions: FallingArdor
Well, whatever she was doing, if they are selling for that its at one random store here and there. I went to the S.F. store's website and looked. The store that supposedly selling them for 349 on this Target Inv checker site, claims the price is 499. And the guy who claims to have gotten one for 209 working some kind of refund return deal, well, all I can say is I hope he did.....but I don't think he did.....lol
buford, why are you such a doubting thomas? Just because you are unable to replicate the deal does not mean others, like myself are lying about getting the Phantom 3 Standard for $349.50 or $209.70. Why is that so hard to believe? Just look on the slickdeals thread. Also, another person here just posted they got it for $209 today.

Reactions: shorttimer
buford, why are you such a doubting thomas? Just because you are unable to replicate the deal does not mean others, like myself are lying about getting the Phantom 3 Standard for $349.50 or $209.70. Why is that so hard to believe? Just look on the slickdeals thread. Also, another person here just posted they got it for $209 today.
So did I. I have no doubt that a few of the targets are selling them at that price. But unless target sets all of its prices the same, it doesn't do any good to say you can get one at the sale price. Target is either discontinuing the sale of the P3S, or they're using some sale tactic that I've never heard of. My purpose, since I have the time to waste on it, was to find out for sure. I contacted target, they don't know anything about these rogue stores sell "209 $" phantoms, and that's it. If someone finds one, like the guy in Pa, great. Is there anything wrong with what I'm doing? No.
I own a P3S, and a PV2+, so I don't really need one, and have not tried to "replicate the deal" as you put it.

I went to Target to the customer service desk. I brought an old Christmas gift card with $24.50 left on it, I had 2 #60 black HP ink cartridges to return that were wrong when I bought them but did not have the receipt and finally a cat play tower that I actually bought at Walmart but they sell the same one at target , so I brought them all in for store credit towards a Phantom. I still could not get the thing for $349 bucks , little on $209. I guess I should've showed the lady the post here online where folks are getting them, or maybe I should drive to the mysterious California locations that keep showing on everyone's search the have them. [emoji848]

I am a SD'er, and was lucky enough to find one less than 10 miles away, in Indiana. Brickpicker had it listed as $209, but when I got to the store, they would not honor this price. I did get it at $349, and am as happy as can be.

It's been flown 6 times already. Unfortunately, the Cook County Forest Preserver requires you to have an AMA license/certificate to fly at the RC fields. The reason being, you have to have Liability insurance to fly there. So, another $75/year will need to be spent. What a crock. But $2,500,000.00 in liability insurance will give me piece of mind, and that's the benefit of joining the AMA, among other benefits.

Wow. I got mine from Best Buy for $499. However. They threw in the $75 ama license for free. So in essence I have it for $424.00. I also checked out the local flying clubs. They all require the AMA membership. With your number. Finally got that in as well. Supposedly they insure members if there is an accident. Ymmv. Not sure of this. Just a heads up if anyone wants if cheaper and does not have AMA membership.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I stopped in to my local target on Friday and they had the P3S on clearance for $349. I can confirm that much.

Unfortunately I already have one, so I left it on the shelf for someone who needs one more than I do :p

Something is in the works. Targets website now has the standard price at 699, and the inventory checker doesn't seem to work for its number any longer.

Something is in the works. Targets website now has the standard price at 699, and the inventory checker doesn't seem to work for its number any longer.
Exactly
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453815010.397828.jpg

Perhaps the DJI 10 year sale is coming to an end? Maybe this becomes normal P3S price and ADV goes to $899 (instead of back to $999) from the $799 price and they drop the PRO $100? Pure speculation.

IDK, but I'm sure of one thing......we'll find out eventually. Was thinking of picking up a spare, for down the road a year or two, but I'm gonna wait. DJI service being what it is, I don't know if I want another one.

The ad Lana posted in #30 above, was from 2 weeks after the big Target price fiasco. I'm done with trying to figure out Target, dji, and anybody else doing this kind of rat trail pricing. I'll just go with what I have, if Ican get one cheap I'll do it, and if I get sick of dji's bs, I'll move on.

And the batteries are listed at 149, as of right now!

There were quite a few Target stores that had them at $349 but not nearly as many that had them at $209. That was probably close to a month ago. Some started out at $349 and then dropped to $209 but they were bought up rather quickly. The batteries are the same story. a number of stores have/had them at $44 but again they are getting bought up quickly. Most stores around me, if they have them, are at $149.

There were quite a few Target stores that had them at $349 but not nearly as many that had them at $209. That was probably close to a month ago. Some started out at $349 and then dropped to $209 but they were bought up rather quickly. The batteries are the same story. a number of stores have/had them at $44 but again they are getting bought up quickly. Most stores around me, if they have them, are at $149.
I'm aware of that. Its just like if you lived in Chicago or san Francisco, you got in on a target deal that most of the country couldn't get. I never really shop a target now, but I don't think I ever will after this confusing deal.

Once Phantom 4 or X or whatever comes out we will likely see DJI P3 batteries drop a bit in price.

They're on amazon now for 99$, but they're not oem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20