Phantom 3 Signal Booster and Wifi Interference

Reaction score
I have heard a lot about people installing signal boosters on their phantom 3 controllers to improve their range but I was curious if this also helps with wifi interference as I have had a lot of trouble recently with that when flying in urban areas?

Thanks!

Using an Argtek signal booster setup I have seen dramatic improvements in signal range, but the only way you'll be able to determine if WiFi interference is affected in any way would be to install a signal booster and run some tests in your area.

Reactions: imoffit
I have heard a lot about people installing signal boosters on their phantom 3 controllers to improve their range but I was curious if this also helps with wifi interference as I have had a lot of trouble recently with that when flying in urban areas?

Thanks!
If you are referring to the simple signal reflectors that you place over the antenna then probably not that much in a WiFi congested areas.

I do find the signal reflector does help especially in rural environments, but when I fly in WiFi congested areas, I find that I don't see much benefit. It probably does help a bit by focusing the signal but it doesn't really help with improving the stability of the signal.

I have considered upgrading to a more robust signal booster to improve signal stability at distance and keeping VLOS but at this stage, I really don't want be spending a lot on my P3S when I can put the money toward a newer upgraded drone.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: imoffit
The argtek signal booster is not for sale on amazon. Where would people recommend I order one?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31