Phantom 3 SE with mission planner

Reaction score
Hi to all,
Recently i bought a phantom 3 se and i have to plan missions for photogrammetry and mapping. How can i use phantom 3 se with mission planner? Does anyone have experience from that? Have anyone try to plan mission with mission planner and cannect it with phantom 3?

Hello Nasosh,

I am in fight with DJI Support Netherland looking the problem that the P3 SE has is NO compatibility with any softwares (Litchi, Ultimate Flightplanner, Pix4D, Dji FlightPlanner, and an other one).
Dji support has said me they were very sorry and that's all !
I have proposed to do an exchange (with some additional Euros for a P4) or a P3 standard, and they said me that it was not in their commercial plan, and the "portage" of the soft onto the other softwares was not in the development plans !

Here is a part of the last mail I have got yesterdaty from DJI Support (Lilian)

"We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

However, there are no trade-up promotions for DJI Aircraft that is currently in our marketing plan. Although you have the option to upgrade your aircraft, this is thru purchasing a new aircraft at our DJI Store thru [email protected] or by visiting our Store at http://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=store_button for the latest DJI aircraft models.

Regarding the mapping and pre-flight plans, we do have the DJI GS PRO app. GS Pro is supported on all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets (Android is currently not supported). GS Pro supports the following DJI aerial platforms and flight controllers: Phantom 3 Standard/Advanced/Professional/4K, Phantom 4/Pro, Inspire 1/2, Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3/A3 Pro, N3. "

I am completely stuck . And the SE is not on the list upper.

I think it very malhonnest to sell the SE without any notice that it is not "finished".

I hope that this information will help you or decide DJI to upgrade our Phantom3 SE !

Herve

Reactions: Photographicsteve
Thanks for your reply and your help friend. Someone tell me that the ipad mini 4 is compatible with pix4dcapture and recognizes phantom3 se. I tested this and it's true but I haven't tested yet out on the field. I mean that I haven't try to fly yet and confirm that p3se normally execute mission planning with pix4dcapture. I spoke with pix4d supporters and I tell the problem and tell them to fix the app and add p3se on the listed drones who support the program with some update of the app. They told me that they will try to conversant with the developers and maybe they fix this on the future. You can sent message to pix4d to tell the problem. I believe that if much more persons tell the problem to them they would be fix this with some update of the app.

Please if you have iOS ipad mini 4 try to fly p3se with pix4dcapture to solve the problem..

Yes, Nasoh, I think too that if all of us who have problems with the P3 SE send their complain to DJI and to the Forum devoted (P3 SE), it could be a solution to be abble to use nicely this very powerful drone.

About Ipad, unfortunatly I use a tablet Android and Pix4D is quite expensive. FlightPlanner is nice and cheaper and it works with Litchi.

I mean buy ipad mini 4 and use pix4dcapture for mission planning. The next step to create 3d model or dtm is to load images on agisoft photoscan pro and make 3d or dtm. The pix4dcapture offers for free. I will buy ipad mini 4 to plan missions and execute with the pix4dcapture and next I will use agisoft photoscan or photomod or photomodeler

Do you install flightplanner on Android? Which is that app? It was on app store free? What Android tablet do you have?

No, I have used FlighPlanner on my PC (Win10) and after, as it is said in the tutorial, I have downloaded the files into my Android tablet (Shield K1 Nividia) .
You have two ways : Litchi or Dji Go. FlighPlanner prefers Litchi which is more powerfull than Dji Go.
But But ... as the P3 SE is not compatible, the process is ... dead !
It exist an other software : Ultimate Flight but as ... the P3 SE is not compatible, the process is ... dead !

It is for these reasons that may be I will buy an Ipad mini4 which will be used with Pix4D Capture (if it is free as you told me) and after Agisoft or Dronemapper to continue the process.

Please, let me know if the team "Ipad Mini 4and Pix4D capture" is fully working :blush: .
RV

Reactions: Photographicsteve
Pix4dcapture is free to make flight plans and take photos with p3se. Also I will buy ipad mini 4 to make plans at pix4dcapture.. ipad mini 4 it is compatible and recognizes p3se automatically on the pix4dcapture.

May I ask you something? If I have laptop how can my laptop ground station connect to p3se and make mission grid? Is it possible and how can I do? Do you have this?

On internet I saw the map pilot app tutorial and it is connect with phantom 3and works on Android. Use your Android tablet with this app maybe it recognize p3se or recognizes p3se with other phantoms 3.. try it and tell me if it's compatible

I don't know, I work with a PC (Win10) . I have seen I don't remember where :(, that the soft Ground station was efficient.

For myself, when at the very beginning (when I thought that the P3 SE was compatible) I had done preflight plans with Pix4D and PreflightPlanner, folders had been created automatically in the folder of my tablet and I have downloaded the "good files" into the gs folder of each soft.

Please ask someone who knows how to make grid flight missions on laptop an how to connect drone phantom 3 with laptop to make mission. Which the steps or if you give you a shortly tutorial for this.

Here is the tutorial of DJIFlightPlanner software to be used with Litchi :
file : Using_DJIFlightPlanner_with_Litchi.pdf
The process you need is at the end.

Please, let me know if it helps you.
RV

Attachments

• Using_DJIFlightPlanner_with_Litchi.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,367
Do you try it with p3se friend? Does it works? Which litchi have you use? There are two versions one free and the second needs to pay approximately 20$

As you mention before it's not working with p3se. Maybe it work with iOS ipad mini4 which is recognizes the p3se

Hi Nasosh

I have order this morning for a second hand Ipad 3. So, I 'll try to sell my tablet Android and I hope the P3 SE will run nicely with "Groud station software" on IOS.
A question : do yo have the link to download Pix4D capture on IOS ? Thank you. :)

As soon as I receive the Ipad, I'll give you informations.
Cheer's
RV

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl