Phantom 3 se distance flight

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. 16,000 feet stock battery, no amplifiers. Custom 2.4 yagis

Attachments

• 0222191246.jpg
    0222191246.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hah, LOL....at first glance I thought the boat rack was part of the antenna, and the boats were colored sand bags holding the antenna down steady from blowing away. I was thinking... Oh my, how long does that take to setup? I guess he only needs to fly in one direction. Then I put on my glasses. That's was a good yagi laugh.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. 16,000 feet stock battery, no amplifiers. Custom 2.4 yagis
Lots of dB gain with that nice side-by-side array. Perfect choice of terrain. Congrats!

Hah, LOL....at first glance I thought the boat rack was part of the antenna, and the boats were colored sand bags holding the antenna down steady from blowing away. I was thinking... Oh my, how long does that take to setup? I guess he only needs to fly in one direction. Then I put on my glasses. That's was a good yagi laugh.

On a tripod best in a straight distance run. 16k was battery limit had a 100 signal score on airdata, signal would go more. Have to find a halfway point to land. Lol

And Just country is HE In ....? or really will he answer that question and reveal his breaking the FAAs rules of drone flight...You might not think that the Federal Aviation Administration is Not reading posts here....But your wrong they are !

Go ahead keep breaking the FAA Drone lows........ Hey your messing with FEDERAL Laws Not civil law .

Keep your unmanned aircraft within your visual line-of-sight or within the visual line of sight of a visual observer who is co-located and in direct communication with you. Do not fly above 400 feet in uncontrolled (Class G) airspace. Do not fly in controlled airspace without an FAA authorization.

New FAA rules for recreational drone flyers introduce temporary no-fly zones and a training requirement | ZDNet

do you now Dbi at antenna in RC and Drone
Why get better antenna from ground Langer range then modify both to same Dbi

16k was about the limit of battery. No need to fly farther than I can get back home.

That is amazing! I just got an SE after having sold my phantom 1 not long ago. I love it, but I’m a tinkerer, so I was wondering about increasing my distance/range. How did you make the antenn? I know nothing very little about wireless tech, but I’d love to learn and make something like this, maybe not as robust and super powered! Any guidance you’d like to give?

That is amazing! I just got an SE after having sold my phantom 1 not long ago. I love it, but I’m a tinkerer, so I was wondering about increasing my distance/range. How did you make the antenn? I know nothing very little about wireless tech, but I’d love to learn and make something like this, maybe not as robust and super powered! Any guidance you’d like to give?
I did the argtec mod to remote, that gave me 2 miles. I mounted 2 25 dbi gain yagi antenas on a tripod, very directional. Keep this in mind you will loose signal if drone is above them even 100' feet up. Also keep an eye on wind. I was at 78% battery when it turned to come home into a head wind, 20% at landing. Very high in pucker

Reactions: rcworship

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31