Phantom 3 SE card issues

Reaction score
hey lads new to here and New to drones. Not new to technology

I’ve tried a few SD cards in the 3 SE

Strange that a cheap class 4 works up to 1080p 48fps and records away even done a 15-20 minutes fly around. just states slow SD Card top right. So I bought an SD Card class 10 U3 and just keep getting SD Card error. Only actually records at 720p and stops after about 4 mins. And disappears then from the app saying NA
I checked it in black magic design disk checker and seems like it’s more than capable. But since the lesser card actually works just not able to do 4K I don’t think it’s HW with the drone just the SD Card itself. It came from maplin so I should have known better.

So I’m looking to get the 4K recording going even tho at times 1080 is actually grand. Looks well.

So I’m gonna buy an SD Card either the SanDisk Ultra 64gig which they sell on the DJI Store for there drones or I was considering this one in 64gig. Just wondering does anyone use it themselves.

The Samsung Evo Plus 64gig
Up to 100MBs read up to 60MBs write

MicroSDXC EVO Plus Memory Card w/ Adapter 64GB (2017 Model) Memory & Storage - MB-MC64GA/AM | Samsung US

I would greatly appreciate someone with same Card to see does it work or any other card.

PS I have seen other posts of similar nature but the threads now just seem a bit all over the place.

I’m a good guy to help out in the future as well once I get this sorted. I’m not made of money so just wanna get an SD CARD suggestion that works for others at 4K

Nothing but good-ness for me from this lil guy;

Highly recommend

Attachments

• A4682AE2-7D02-4043-B8C0-4D09BF55856E.jpeg
    A4682AE2-7D02-4043-B8C0-4D09BF55856E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 404
I use a 64gb sandisk extreme. To date it hasn’t let me down filming 4K videos The hot tip would be to make sure you format the card in the drone....

Reactions: Beezzars200
Beezars200-

Actually now that i think about it... Looks like the ‘Extreme’ level is better than the ‘Ultra’ (the one i have) for sandisk. Id go with extreme just to make sure. Im not going to go out and upgrade my card or anything it really works fine for me, but from the cursory research i just did, it looks like the ‘extreme’ is the best level to buy for 4k videos...

Good thing i checked this sort of thing out before buying my card eh? Lol.

Reactions: Beezzars200
Dtmbizzle I just wanted to make sure lol couldnt afford anymore SD Cards to Test haha.

At least I know two now from the one make that will work anyway. The drone is fairly iffy when it comes to SD Cards. I thought it was the Card I bought but tried it in the G5 Lumix camera at recording 4K @ 100Mbps and works fine. I was like ya know what now I’m just gonna ask the people that know

Cheers for the help as well much appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic