Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

December 25th new forum name MisinformationPilots.com
Oh boy is it gonna flow! Clearing HDD space for all the screen captures that I will inevitably be taking. Oh jingle bells.......seven phantoms falling.....eight people brawling......nine misinformed posts

My big problem is that sometimes I just can't help myself and get involved, which sometimes I regret. I should take a leaf out of your book.
Remember gents-- these noobies need help-- and there is never enuf voluntary help to spread the cheer. Always plenty to spread the grief. :D

If anyone has updated and fixed their "NO SIGNAL" issue I would be extremely greatful to hear. I rolled back to 1.3.2 and has helped alittle.
alittle with respect can you please expand on this, if I go forward I can't go back 2 steps, stay were I am & put up like I'm doing or jump

What “no signal“ problem do u have? Every now and then I would get the no signal message (right after starting app, never during flight). All I had to do is press home button on upper left corner and then enter camera view again. Camera on, no no signal msg, everything good. Try that for me see if it helps ya.
Close to the ground, in the air, random :( only since 1.4, only ever issue I had with the product. There is another thread that a guy had some good ideas I will try tomorrow, turning to 1080 instead of 4K even when not filming.

If anyone has updated and fixed their "NO SIGNAL" issue I would be extremely greatful to hear. I rolled back to 1.3.2 and has helped alittle.
What tablet are you using? I had no signal once and put it in airplane mode and disabled all unused apps. I am on 1.3.20 and have no problems now. I have a P3P and nexus 7 ll 2013.

Sorry to ask but Is this just a firmware update for the aircraft? And of course the updated Go app. Thanks

Never mind I found it LOL

Last edited:
Mini 3 64GB, iOS 9.1, but issue started back at 8.4 and I'm pretty cluey with tech. I spoke with meta4 and he has same tab your running as well. I have a Samsung Tab S 8.4 and it has same issues, there has to be background software conflict somewhere and I don't think everyone will have same issues. I think the UI in certain companies products can cause a choke integrating. I have a nexus 5 lying around so I'm going to test tomorrow.

Ptr, sorry to hear. Support told me to reinstall 1.4FW again but did not work. I rolled back to previous 1.3.2FW and had less issues.
Ok since I'm on 1.4 I might try both things you said & will let you know outcome, my no signal issue goes something like this
It was after work & dark & breezy but I'm sure you'll get the picture, ps not looking for YT views & will delete vid shortly

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Yeah cool. Mine is worse and just in photo mode or movie mode. Channel hack has also slightly helped as I'm changing in flight to be suited to stronger wave.
I want to try 1.5 but not being able to roll back to 1.3.2 is an issue for me as I use the P3P commercially and the issue cost me 2k a few weeks ago. Just so random is that others on here with same setup not having issues.

I updated my P3A to the latest SW and had a quick trial run. So far so good. Big smile. It took just 10 minutes to install updates.

App 2.4.2
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.4.30

iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.1
RC with HDMI Module

My FW installation procedure:
1. Get a clean SD Card and copy bin file for the FW update
2. Plug it into Gimbal slot and start P3
3. Gimbal starts making noise, small LED on Gimbal blinks green red
4. Lights will keep changing pattern
5. At one time, all lights will be off for about 5 minutes, Gimbal continues making noise
6. Lights come back, Gimbal continues making noise
7. At about end of 10 minutes, Gimbal small LED Turns solid Green, Gimbal continues making noise
8. Stop P3
9. Turn on P3 Again
10. Start RC and App and check the Aircraft Status: It shows 1.5.30

Last edited:
Yeah cool. Mine is worse and just in photo mode or movie mode. Channel hack has also slightly helped as I'm changing in flight to be suited to stronger wave.
I want to try 1.5 but not being able to roll back to 1.3.2 is an issue for me as I use the P3P commercially and the issue cost me 2k a few weeks ago. Just so random is that others on here with same setup not having issues.
There has to be a common denominator as to why but that's a needle is a haystack job

I upgraded the DJI GO app and Phantom 3 firmware tonight. I program a lot in my job and if I push something out most of the time it is beneficial. I'll trust DJI even if they ninja in the GEO fencing code which I think is a good idea anyway. I'll test it out during the holiday this week.

Ok since I'm on 1.4 I might try both things you said & will let you know outcome, my no signal issue goes something like this
It was after work & dark & breezy but I'm sure you'll get the picture, ps not looking for YT views & will delete vid shortly
Is that an Android tablet? If so you should try the rolling back google play service app. To do that first load playstore , go to settings and turn off automatic updates. Then close playstore and go to the phone/tablets settings page and find the "applications" setting.....may be called something else, but what you want is the list of apps on the current device....then you may need to swipe tabs over while you scroll past "downloaded, sdcard, running now and system.....you want the system tab. Scroll down list to "Google Play Services" and tap on it and it will bring up the page where you will hit "uninstall" and depending on how many updates you may be able or have to press uninstall a couple of times to remove all updates. After that a reboot for good measure and try it out.

Reactions: Skypicswa
Awesome Chuck, will good to get everyone's feedback on it. GEO F I haven't spent a lot of time with yet as time has been short supply and want to do due diligence. I agree it has to come with so many new flyers just around the corner at xmas.

I upgraded the DJI GO app and Phantom 3 firmware tonight. I program a lot in my job and if I push something out most of the time it is beneficial. I'll trust DJI even if they ninja in the GEO fencing code which I think is a good idea anyway. I'll test it out during the holiday this week.
Chuck where are we going "don't ask"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164