Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Who cares about 1.4....i wish we could downgrade to 1.1.9.....or at least 1.3.2.
No Problem !!! I'll trade you mine for yours !!! V1.1.9 since I bought it in May and never upgraded as I enjoy still photography and every upgrade seemed to surround video issues and I happily went about taking my stills.

I am now thinking of upgrading but am going to send it to a shop for this big change. I am not at all confident I can do it correctly and I don't want to spend my time troubleshooting. Not going to do a lot of flying during the snow season so good time to send it off I think.

No Problem !!! I'll trade you mine for yours !!! V1.1.9 since I bought it in May and never upgraded as I enjoy still photography and every upgrade seemed to surround video issues and I happily went about taking my stills.

I am now thinking of upgrading but am going to send it to a shop for this big change. I am not at all confident I can do it correctly and I don't want to spend my time troubleshooting. Not going to do a lot of flying during the snow season so good time to send it off I think.
Now THAT is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen! You realize that updating firmware takes less than 1/16th the effort it takes to delver your P3 to a shop?!?! And the upgrade involves no "troubleshooting"! So your willing to pack everything up, drive god knows where, and pay someone $65+ to insert an sdcard and hit a power button? How do you manage getting out of bed? [Stop with the childish remarks]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jingthing
Now this makes it even more muddy. So you can downgrade to 1.4.10, but not earlier. Why not? Normally downgrading from 1.4.10 works fine.

DJI Notes:
• The firmware can be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later only.
• Video recording in 2.7K is only available in the Android version of the DJI GO app at the moment. Support for the iOS version is coming soon.

Where did you see comment about 2.7K video not available to iOS users? If its true, we won't update P3A now.

Reactions: Skypicswa
I hope you`re right, but infortunaly, that`s impossible. From 1.4 you can`t roll back to 1.3.2, for instance.

But someone confirm.......i hope sincerely you`re right!
I have just gone from 1.4 to 1.3 with mo problems. 1.3 is far more stable with my advanced.

Just went to download the firmware from DJI site. I have an Advanced. Downloaded the file indicated by the Phantom 3 Advanced link but it is labeled P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip. That prefix has me concerned. In my mind it should say "P3A_FW...". Has anyone any inside info on this? Is that really the correct file for the P3A? The P3P's file prefix is "P3X_FW".

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Professional_Release_Note_en_11.25.pdf

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 17.28.27.png

This is on the PRO ONLY !

Updated fine all the P3 (Pro and Adv) to 1.5.30 from 1.4.10 and no issue.
I noted little better quality live video (on ios)... but this may be just my immagination ...
DJI stated that 2.7k on the P3 PRO is coming soon on ios device.

I kinda figured we would see 2.7k in the pro soon. Funny that everyone tried to make it that they support iOS more than Android. But almost all features hit Android first.

Updated fine all the P3 (Pro and Adv) to 1.5.30 from 1.4.10 and no issue.
I noted little better quality live video (on ios)... but this may be just my immagination ...
DJI stated that 2.7k on the P3 PRO is coming soon on ios device.
Was the filename you used for the Advanced "P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip"?

Last few months was very bad for us and on dji, it seems all updates and upgrades controlled under the GOVERNMENTS AND SECURITY ISSUES, its obvious now, they will never let the users free any more

This FW release appears to have been done in hurry as I don't find installation procedures included. Though I don't need it but for the sake of completeness DJI should include installation procedure and release notes together with the bin file in the same folder. It's a good practice and company like DJI should definitely follow it. Release is so important for every one and due care should be taken that it's complete by itself.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
This FW release appears to have been done in hurry as I don't find installation procedures included. Though I don't need it but for the sake of completeness DJI should include installation procedure and release notes together with the bin file in the same folder. It's a good practice and company like DJI should definitely follow it. Release is so important for every one and due care should be taken that it's complete by itself.
Agreed. Release management appears to be lacking, as well as sticking to a consistent and intuitive file naming convention.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Just went to download the firmware from DJI site. I have an Advanced. Downloaded the file indicated by the Phantom 3 Advanced link but it is labeled P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip. That prefix has me concerned. In my mind it should say "P3A_FW...". Has anyone any inside info on this? Is that really the correct file for the P3A? The P3P's file prefix is "P3X_FW".

The P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip file is what you need for your P3 Advanced. I upgraded mine with that file this morning with no issues.

Reactions: dlbyers
Perhaps a bit more effort in looking and less on complaining?
Capture.PNG

Last few months was very bad for us and on dji, it seems all updates and upgrades controlled under the GOVERNMENTS AND SECURITY ISSUES, its obvious now, they will never let the users free any more
You have no clue what your talking about!

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT