Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Carbon Fiber Limited Edition

Reaction score
Wow, look what they have been busy working on at DJI!!
Yup, and now I just fell back & deeply in Love, with DJI!!!!
I wonder if these actually are carbon fiber bodies or just a carbon fiber look & appearance of a finish, as the carbon fiber rotor blades obviously are...

Phantom 3 Professioal Carbon Fiber Limited Edition...look at that body baby...!!
http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantoms-drones/Phantom-3-Advanced-carbon
Phantom 3 Advanced Carbon Fiber Limited Edition
http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantoms-drones/Phantom-3-Advanced-carbon
Do I just only Like or really Love these hard? Such a Sweet carbon fiber body and rotor blades too. Mmmnnn

Wow, holy smoke is that one too cool. In Camo...

Phantom 3 Professional Limited Edition Army
http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantoms-drones?product_id=709
Phantom 3 Advanced Army Limited Edition
http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantoms-drones/P3ARMY

I love the camofluage finish, but if a camo Phantom 3 Pro' Army, falls in the forest, will anybody hear ? ;-) Might get lost too easy, so it will definately need a tracker! Nice to see that those carbon fiber blades are coming with it, So I'm wondering if these awesome rotor blades will eventually be available in sets for the general public to purchase? So Hopefull here. These models, have prices which are some what elevated, but we all know, carbon fiber is rather expensive, but extremely strong and wonderfully light.
This is a nice surprise, to see these Limited Edition models. Better get on line and order them up, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen.

Phantom 3 Profession Limited Edition Carbon Fiber Kit comes with a hard shell case.
http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantoms-drones/phantom3-carbon-fiber

Yes Sir, these models are pretty awesome indeed. It's nice to see that these are being released already, no wonder why the other orders are taking a bit longer, as DJI are busy building these fancier models now too.
Some of the older models Phantoms have also had a face lift, & are now in carbon fibre.

When they say Limited Edition, & that means building how many, honestly/really?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Huh? What? Who said that? Hahaha
You don't like carbon fiber, but we are all made out of carbon molecules ... ;-)
I will be plenty full of happiness with my Phantom 3 Pro' if and when ever 'She' gets up here... Grrr !!

Unfortunately, Those higher carbon model prices, are way out of My reach...
And I didn't see that coming, or I may have waited, in placing my order....saved up, but naw, Crash one of those, and then you will be paying much higher to fix it, um, no thanks!!

RedHotPoker

I doubt it's a carbon fibre body, it's probably the same as the P2 Professional that I purchased, that is only hydrodipped to look like carbon fibre, and also came in a hard case. (the stickers on batteries and remote are additions I've added since).
image1.JPG

These are regular P3s that have been hydrodipped.
There's a white plastic shell under the pattern

Hi Meta4,
Thanks for clarifying this. What about the carbon fiber rotar blades, are those full carbon fiber? I've seen others models with them on. & I really like the look of carbon fiber, a lot actually. But not sure how well they will fly if placed on a Phantom 3.
Considering Pitch, Weight, ability to be tightened down securely enough, for the Phantom 3 quick stopping motors.

RedHotPoker

I doubt it's a carbon fibre body, it's probably the same as the P2 Professional that I purchased, that is only hydrodipped to look like carbon fibre, and also came in a hard case. (the stickers on batteries and remote are additions I've added since).

Hello Ezookiel,
Thanks for the reply and pic. That looks so awesome, man.
I fell in love long ago, with those carbon fiber patterns and the strength to weight ratio of it is truly amazing. I like how you customized your other accessories with that tape. It all looks great, together. So you bought your P2 Professional with the body already done up? How Sweet for you!
As it all, sure looks awesome.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Yeah, we sell some hydrodipped shells on savemyphantom.com for the P2. They are regular shells with a coat of hydrodip. And by the way, those are not made by DJI or endorsed by them.

And just for the record, it costs the company about $40 to add that hydrodip.

Reactions: Ezookiel
Yep, but there's no improved strength to weight ratio on these, as it's not really carbon fibre. It's a pattern that is hydrodipped onto a standard plastic frame. It looks great, but no lighter, and no stronger.
I wouldn't have paid so much extra for mine if I'd known at the time that it was only a pattern on the plastic. I thought it was actually CF and so imagined it would be much lighter, and therefore likely be more responsive, carry slightly more payload, etc etc.
Wasn't too impressed when I found out it was no different to a standard Phantom 2 except the case it came in, and the extra 2 batteries, and that it came as a total package with monitor etc all ready to fly.
It was still good value as a total package, but a genuine CF one would be amazing.

To buy that P3 as the total package in the CF pattern, and have it arrive in Australia, would be more than half an Inspire 1.
Total price of that package with our exchange rate etc would be around $2300, and yet I've recently had a quote for an I1 over here of $4995.
Frankly, as good as the P3 is, and as pretty as that looks in the CF Effect, I'd rather spend the extra and get the I1.

CF can attenuate RF.
This would cause problems for the GPS and internal WiFi Tx antennas on the P2s.

Reactions: ksphantom
Personally, I'd not do business with a company that makes it look like theses are 1) sold by DJI as "Limited Editions" and 2) that they are "carbon fiber" in any way.

Appears that they are just trying to make a buck by pretty much being dishonest in every way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezookiel
Big Thanks, & Happy here too, that you guys were all knowledgeable enough, with the truth of these various Phantoms, hydrodipped CF models.
Who may have thought that they were honest and actual DJI made Phantom 3 products. Disappointing slightly.

Who's NEXT!!

RedHotPoker

Hi Meta4,
Thanks for clarifying this. What about the carbon fiber rotar blades, are those full carbon fiber? I've seen others models with them on. & I really like the look of carbon fiber, a lot actually.

What's worse is that these are just coated black. Not even a carbon fiber look. I suspect that the props are just dyed. You can dye yours for probably $5.

Tests were done using the Phantom 2 and carbon props. The ones tested did not really improve anything.

Last edited:
View attachment 19175

Where did you get those battery stickers from?

Had a short email exchange with the company and now at least one of the pages has been corrected:

http://www.scorpiondrones.com/Phantoms-drones/Phantoms-drones/PV3ADV

Asked if I sold them carbon fiber props if they would have thought they were carbon fiber.

They do claim that the props are carbon fiber. I suspect that these are _NOT_ P3 props and are probably P2 props. If so, they should _NOT_ be selling these P3's at all! The P3 props have a different hub design that allows them to stay attached to the P3. Yet another reason we will probably see people complain about P3 crashes.

I asked if the props were for the P2 or P3. Their initial responses were very quick..
now they have gone silent. They should not be selling aftermarket props within a new package. I'm sure DJI would not be happy about this.

IMHO I would advise against getting one of these Black dipped p3's. p3's run a little warm and if you add black into the mix, this could heat up the craft to a level of malfunction.

Hi blade strike,
Great thinking. That overheating theory, is not something I wish to experience or even test. You are probably very correct there.

Oh well, just some tempting eye candy...

Thanks guys, saved by the bell...

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic