Phantom 3 Pro vs Yuneec Q500 4k: Anyone compare?

Reaction score
I know the Yuneec 4k hasn't been released yet but I think it is the closest competition to the Phantom. I currently have a P1 and like it a lot. But to be honest everything I fly, in the back of my mind I worry about a flyaway. I have been researching the Yuneec drones (mostly the Q500+) and it appears they have just about eliminated flyaways.

The other issue I have read with DJI is their customer service...which I have even read on here that the are VERY below par with customer support. I read a few bad experiences with Yuneec CS (not many though) but almost anyone who has dealt with them has a glowing review.

To be honest I am leaning towards the Yuneec 4k because of the quality customer service. I have always had respect for companies who remember where their bread & butter is.

I know this is a Phantom forum and most of you will lean toward the Phantom. But does anyone regret getting the P3 or have had a bad experience with DJI customer service? A drone of this level is a big investment so making the right choice is is crucial...

Please lets keep the "This company/drone sucks" comments out of the debate...

Thanks!!

I did look at the yuneec but in the EU there were very few sellers and the prices were higher.

Looking at one authorised seller he put some up on ebay and sold none.
The lcd display in the control looked good but is very laggy and no good for real time flight.

I did look at the yuneec but in the EU there were very few sellers and the prices were higher.

Looking at one authorised seller he put some up on ebay and sold none.
The lcd display in the control looked good but is very laggy and no good for real time flight.

Thanks for the information. But I have read the same in regards to the lagginess of the P3's FPV using an Apple or Android device. I expect some lagginess with FPV ( I haven't read of any that didn't have some lag...even the Inspire).

As for selling any...the Q500 4k hasn't been released yet so I think people are waiting for some real world reviews before making a purchase. I am trying to decide if I really need a 4k camera though. The Q500+ has some great reviews and comes with the hand held gimbal, extra battery & case...which is great for someone like me who would be switching platforms...

At the time it was the standard 1080p version even yuneec said not to use display for fpv.

having owned the p2V+ which had some lag the P3 is as real time as it gets, no discernible lag at all.

The yuneec lcd display is horrible in the sun.

I'll be honest with you DJI is a Chinese company and their communication skills aren't the best to their English speaking customers. Fortunately I haven't had to utilize my warranty so I can't comment on that process. However, I can comment on the performance of my P3. I have had NO indication that the P3 will suddenly just take off on it's own to never bee seen again.

I have had times where I've lost my connection or the Pilot app totally shut down but the RTH worked like a charm.

I have pretty good confidence in this device.

At the time it was the standard 1080p version even yuneec said not to use display for fpv.

having owned the p2V+ which had some lag the P3 is as real time as it gets, no discernible lag at all.

The yuneec lcd display is horrible in the sun.

That's what sun shades are for ;) however, no matter which model I get I plan on getting the sun shade. I just think it's a no brainer. Even my iPad Mini 3 isn't that great in the sun...and that's what I would use if I got the P3...

I would like to see where Yuneec said "NOT to use their display for FPV if you have it...

Thanks

Q500 is too big, there is no carrying case or backpack I know that would carry it. The screen on the TX is small and like mentioned above the lag is bad.
The range on it is nowhere close to the p3.

I believe you can not adjust gains and expo like P3 or even camera settings...Iso...etc

I fly with my iPhone 6+ and Nvidia Shield tabket...Knock on wood... Ive had no issues with lag or drop outs. I may sound like a fanboy, but I have to admit right now the P3 is one of the best copters on the market-JMO

I was going to buy a Q500+ flyaways never crossed my mind with the P3pro and I am SO GLAD I DID NOT FALL FOR THE Q500+! The camera is crap IMO and as for Customer service I hear its gone down with them. Not bad but not as good as it was in the beginning.

It's a low level Quad with HYPE from owners that just like to play with a VERY SLOW machine.

IMO

That's what sun shades are for ;) however, no matter which model I get I plan on getting the sun shade. I just think it's a no brainer. Even my iPad Mini 3 isn't that great in the sun...and that's what I would use if I got the P3...

I would like to see where Yuneec said "NOT to use their display for FPV if you have it...

Thanks

It was either in a OEM video or forum posting by them, it was 2 months back.
As for the iPad 3, its pretty good in the sun and much better than the build in LCD, I have an iPhone 6 + and its viewable in direct sun without a shade.

Q500 is too big, there is no carrying case or backpack I know that would carry it. The screen on the TX is small and like mentioned above the lag is bad.
The range on it is nowhere close to the p3.

I believe you can not adjust gains and expo like P3 or even camera settings...Iso...etc

I fly with my iPhone 6+ and Nvidia Shield tabket...Knock on wood... Ive had no issues with lag or drop outs. I may sound like a fanboy, but I have to admit right now the P3 is one of the best copters on the market-JMO

The Q500+ comes with a VERY good aluminum case and the screen is 5.5 inches...almost the size of the iPhone 6. You can adjust some camera settings but I don't recall to what level.

I hope I don't sound like I am automatically going with the Q500...I know I am "defending" it...but I have researched it A LOT and I want to make sure when comparing to the P3 that it's done based on facts.

I read a thread on the RC forums about the P3 and a lot felt let down by it too. I m not sure if we can post links to other forums here but I will try to find it.

I have also read threads where people complained about the camera and I want to be clear...I am trying to compare the P3 Pro to the Q500 4K NOT the original Q500 or the Q500+. It appears many of you that have commented are comparing the 1080p models of the Q500. Like I said the Q500 4K model is to be released July 1 from what I understand.

It was either in a OEM video or forum posting by them, it was 2 months back.
As for the iPad 3, its pretty good in the sun and much better than the build in LCD, I have an iPhone 6 + and its viewable in direct sun without a shade.

I have used my iPad mini 3 in the sun at full brightness...not that easy to see IMO. My Note 4 is better in the sun (not by much though. I would rather not use my phone though in case I get a call. I would rather use the iPad...I would like to see that video since I can't imagine a company saying NOT to use their product....

The 4k version is vapour ware until its shipping.

The comment was not to depend on FPV not to not use it.

End of days its your money to buy what you wish. Fly safe.

The Q500+ comes with a VERY good aluminum case and the screen is 5.5 inches...almost the size of the iPhone 6. You can adjust some camera settings but I don't recall to what level.

I hope I don't sound like I am automatically going with the Q500...I know I am "defending" it...but I have researched it A LOT and I want to make sure when comparing to the P3 that it's done based on facts.
Sounds like you made your decision already...roll with it!!
I read a thread on the RC forums about the P3 and a lot felt let down by it too. I m not sure if we can post links to other forums here but I will try to find it.

I have also read threads where people complained about the camera and I want to be clear...I am trying to compare the P3 Pro to the Q500 4K NOT the original Q500 or the Q500+. It appears many of you that have commented are comparing the 1080p models of the Q500. Like I said the Q500 4K model is to be released July 1 from what I understand.
Sounds like you made a decision already, roll with it!!

And I know the display is no where close to my iPhone 6+ display, I'd put money on it

I know the Yuneec 4k hasn't been released yet but I think it is the closest competition to the Phantom. I currently have a P1 and like it a lot. But to be honest everything I fly, in the back of my mind I worry about a flyaway. I have been researching the Yuneec drones (mostly the Q500+) and it appears they have just about eliminated flyaways.

The other issue I have read with DJI is their customer service...which I have even read on here that the are VERY below par with customer support. I read a few bad experiences with Yuneec CS (not many though) but almost anyone who has dealt with them has a glowing review.

To be honest I am leaning towards the Yuneec 4k because of the quality customer service. I have always had respect for companies who remember where their bread & butter is.

I know this is a Phantom forum and most of you will lean toward the Phantom. But does anyone regret getting the P3 or have had a bad experience with DJI customer service? A drone of this level is a big investment so making the right choice is is crucial...

Please lets keep the "This company/drone sucks" comments out of the debate...

Thanks!!

Where to begin... First the fly aways.. A good many fly aways are user error. And even those non user error are still a rare occurrence when factoring in how !any units are out there flying problem free. Also no copter on the market has eliminated to fly away problem. They all have the potential to do something unexpected either from outside interference random bugs with new firmware releases or the aformentioned user error related losses. Bottom line you will be no safer from a fly away going with a non DJI quad.

Only the DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1 and 3DR Solo as far as I know have good ultra low latency high definition video feeds. Going with another quad will mean a less satisfying FPV experience

Thanks for the information. But I have read the same in regards to the lagginess of the P3's FPV using an Apple or Android device. I expect some lagginess with FPV ( I haven't read of any that didn't have some lag...even the Inspire).

As for selling any...the Q500 4k hasn't been released yet so I think people are waiting for some real world reviews before making a purchase. I am trying to decide if I really need a 4k camera though. The Q500+ has some great reviews and comes with the hand held gimbal, extra battery & case...which is great for someone like me who would be switching platforms...
If using a recommended device the fpv on the Phanto! 3 and Inspire is silky smooth. You may notice lag on under powered devices or when people are trying to screen record their device. Using screen recorders will cause problems with frame rates

If using a recommended device the fpv on the Phanto! 3 and Inspire is silky smooth. You may notice lag on under powered devices or when people are trying to screen record their device. Using screen recorders will cause problems with frame rates
What kind of problems with frame rates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.