Reaction score
I flew my P3P during the eclipse 8-21-2017, everything worked as designed. I returned it to its hard case, got it out to fly mid September and the problems below occurred.
The problems I am having.
1. Micro SD Card reader is not operating.
2. The camera or gimbal isn’t working.
3. When I power the drone up, the gimbal goes thru all of the normal test, then just goes dead.
4. Drone flies perfectly, zero issues, but as I said previously, Sd card slot, camera and gimbal isn’t working. Gimbal dial doesn’t function either.

Drone has not been crashed and all ribbons appear attached.

Thanks,
Ricky

Possibley a software issue, may try reloading latest firmware, and lastly and it’s a long shot were you taking short of the eclipse, used to be some electronic cameras would have issues after attempting to take photos of eclipse’s, again this is probably not the case but it’s a thought, more than likely if you try reinstalling firmware should be fine, I’m still learning I’m still a newb to the drone community, but what I do know is these drones are extremely sensitive.....,good luck I hope I was helpful, however unlikely.... lol.[emoji106]

Thanks, I tried that. But like I said, the SD card reader is not working. Is there another way? If I remember correctly, on my P2Vision, I think I had to use a program called DJI assistance. I am a newbie to the forums, but been flying since the p2v. Currently I have my P3P and P4P, I thought I couldn’t enjoy a drone more that the P3P, man was I wrong!
I got the P4P for Christmas, still learning the ropes on it. When we get some warm weather, the wind is blowing 20-30 MPH or raining. If the wind isn’t blowing, it’s below freezing. I’m in North Alabama, this is how it is every year. Example, December 23, 2017, it was 75-80 degrees, it plummeted after that, few days were below zero with a -20 windchill. 3 days straight below freezing. It has just now started to return to normal. lol. It’s always like that when we get a new toy. haha
Possibley a software issue, may try reloading latest firmware, and lastly and it’s a long shot were you taking short of the eclipse, used to be some electronic cameras would have issues after attempting to take photos of eclipse’s, again this is probably not the case but it’s a thought, more than likely if you try reinstalling firmware should be fine, I’m still learning I’m still a newb to the drone community, but what I do know is these drones are extremely sensitive.....,good luck I hope I was helpful, however unlikely.... lol.[emoji106]

Worked before, stopped after in storage for half a year - this does sound like a firmware degradation issue.
On the other hand, if that was the case, the gimbal wouldn't be affected.

SD card not working - means there is an issue with Ambarella chip. This chip encodes video and controls SD-card slot. We don't have any other ways of flashing FW to that chip than the SD-card, because documentation to it is not public.

Gimbal going limp after initially working - well this shouldn't happen in a typical Ambarella issue. May be a separate issue, or both chips are not working due to power being cut off at some point.

So my recommendations:

- Disconnect and re-connect the ribbon cables to make sure it's not a connection problem,
- If you don't know electronics, just buy a new gimbal or at least the top board,
- If you know electronics - measure voltages on the top board before and after the gimbal goes limp

Reactions: rickyc3
I flew my P3P during the eclipse 8-21-2017, everything worked as designed. I returned it to its hard case, got it out to fly mid September and the problems below occurred.
The problems I am having.
1. Micro SD Card reader is not operating.
2. The camera or gimbal isn’t working.
3. When I power the drone up, the gimbal goes thru all of the normal test, then just goes dead.
4. Drone flies perfectly, zero issues, but as I said previously, Sd card slot, camera and gimbal isn’t working. Gimbal dial doesn’t function either.

Drone has not been crashed and all ribbons appear attached.

Thanks,
Ricky
if the camera starts initializing when you turn the bird on and then just goes limp then the issue is with the gimbal
cable not registering and needs to be replaced

Reactions: rickyc3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4