Phantom 3 Pro Post Crash GPS Issues

Reaction score
I crashed my P3 Pro and replaced the whole gimbal and camera with the Advanced gimbal and camera, as it was cheaper and i knew they were interchangeable. I changed the drones firmware from professional to advanced, and when I went to fly everything was green and good to go. When taking off the drone sharply drifted left in such a way where i couldn't land it without it flipping on its side. Trying to flyback to the right with control did not counteract the drift in anyway. I calibrated before I took off as well. Did something happen to the GPS when I crashed it? Did I make an error in changing the firmwares?

First double check that the PAF switch is actually in the P position. You mentioned that you calibrated before you took off. I assume you meant the compass. Did you also do an imu calibration? Usually a good thing to do after a crash, especially one hard enough to trash the camera. Just make sure that the bird is in a cool place (20-30 min) and sitting level before you calibrate. I do min on my basement floor at a spot where I used a carpenters level to confirm level.

First double check that the PAF switch is actually in the P position. You mentioned that you calibrated before you took off. I assume you meant the compass. Did you also do an imu calibration? Usually a good thing to do after a crash, especially one hard enough to trash the camera. Just make sure that the bird is in a cool place (20-30 min) and sitting level before you calibrate. I do min on my basement floor at a spot where I used a carpenters level to confirm level.
Thats all it needed! Thank you so much for the help, I am back in the in air

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj