Phantom 3 pro left dial wheel don't work anymore

Reaction score
Hi, need help and advice on this.
Suddendly my left dial wheel on my controller stop working. I can't lower my gimbal anymore. It work if i put my finger on my DJI Go ap and scroll up and down. But it's really not convinient.
I tried the following:
- relink the controler
-reinstall firmware on drone
-recalibrate the controls ( when i do recalibrate the stick, you see on you app how the stick are moving from 0 to 100%. when i roll the wheel i can see that it send signal to the app)
- opened the controlle to see if everything was ok and connectec properly...

Someone told me to change the left dial wheel... but even there i can't find any on the internet...

Anyone else ay have an idea ??

Drone, controller and iphone are all firmware up to IMG_4161.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg
date.

My first thought would be a control wheel gone bad or maybe the ribbon cable has somehow come loose though don't know why the latter would happen.
There are quite a few videos on youtube showing how to dismantle the controller. The main thing is DISCONNECT the big ribbon cable to the USB board BEFORE you open the main case. Personally I remove the USB as a first step i.e.
1) remove the cover (4 screws)
2) Flip up the 3 ribbon cable connector locks
3) disconnect the two side entry ribbon cables BUT NOT the big one
4) remove the 3 screws securing the USB board and slightly lift the board so as to allow
5) disconnecting the big ribbon cable.
You might want to pop the big ribbon cable all the way into the inside of the case.
Set the USB board to one side and then start the work of removing the screws holding the case halves together etc. Try and NOT to allow the case halves to come apart with a jerk.
Disconnect the battery.
The LH wheel is held by one screw. Its ribbon cable runs to one of the connectors marked either "2" or "4" on the main board (I can't remember which) and remember to flip up the necessary connector locks to release the ribbon cable/s.
You will need to cut ,WITH CARE, the 2 blobs of white glue that trap the ribbon cable by the outside of the joy stick.
It's probably an hour or so's work for your first time of doing it. DON'T RUSH.
When reassembling take care to route all the cables including the battery cable safely (the latter can get pinched). DO NOT over tighten any screws.

My first thought would be a control wheel gone bad or maybe the ribbon cable has somehow come loose though don't know why the latter would happen.
There are quite a few videos on youtube showing how to dismantle the controller. The main thing is DISCONNECT the big ribbon cable to the USB board BEFORE you open the main case. Personally I remove the USB as a first step i.e.
1) remove the cover (4 screws)
2) Flip up the 3 ribbon cable connector locks
3) disconnect the two side entry ribbon cables BUT NOT the big one
4) remove the 3 screws securing the USB board and slightly lift the board so as to allow
5) disconnecting the big ribbon cable.
You might want to pop the big ribbon cable all the way into the inside of the case.
Set the USB board to one side and then start the work of removing the screws holding the case halves together etc. Try and NOT to allow the case halves to come apart with a jerk.
Disconnect the battery.
The LH wheel is held by one screw. Its ribbon cable runs to one of the connectors marked either "2" or "4" on the main board (I can't remember which) and remember to flip up the necessary connector locks to release the ribbon cable/s.
You will need to cut ,WITH CARE, the 2 blobs of white glue that trap the ribbon cable by the outside of the joy stick.
It's probably an hour or so's work for your first time of doing it. DON'T RUSH.
When reassembling take care to route all the cables including the battery cable safely (the latter can get pinched). DO NOT over tighten any screws.

Thank for this detailled walkthrough ! I'll try to find a replacement wheel, which i haven't by now. It's seems very hard to find on the web

Thanks

A bit pricey perhaps but previously I have seen quite a few, maybe there a dirth at the moment..

A bit better price at the moment but don't know what it will go to DJI Phantom 4 ~ GL300 Controller ~ For Spares or Repair | eBay

Even better DJI Phantom 3 controller - Antenna Button Joystick Switch Holder Cover Toggle | eBay in the options select "gimbal tilt wheel"

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit pricey perhaps but previously I have seen quite a few, maybe there a dirth at the moment..

A bit better price at the moment but don't know what it will go to DJI Phantom 4 ~ GL300 Controller ~ For Spares or Repair | eBay

Even better DJI Phantom 3 controller - Antenna Button Joystick Switch Holder Cover Toggle | eBay in the options select "gimbal tilt wheel"
Awesome !!!!!!! Thank you so much !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj