Phantom 3 Pro How Do You Make Logs More Useful

Reaction score
I am currently confused by "Flight Logs" and how to make them MORE usable and solve a problem of filing them with the FAA. I am currently using Litchi App with my Phantom 3 Pro because Litchi solves a problem of making a mission more efficient and it's Android. I've found Litchi to operate better and no crashes like DJI GO on LG VK815 tablet. That is why I will keep using them with hopes that they will solve my next problem. More likely than DJI in my opinion. Is there other commercial drone operators using Litchi? Flight logs need the ability to export to a uniform format (DJI uses TXT, Litchi use CSV, a couple others do a well) Then quickly submitted to the FAA without having to import or export to some other format.

I am currently using the Drone Logbook. It is a complete log book I use for my sUA usage records. The Litchi flight logs, as is, will upload off your device and as long as you upload it as a Flytrex.CSV (end of the week this will change). DJI logs you have to upload to djilogs.com and then downloaded as a Flytrex.CSV. The Drone Logbook also lets you keep your maintenance and equipment records as well as other information you need to keep track of as a pro. Are there other commercial users in this forum? I use a Phantom 3 Pro, and I believe it applies to the state of the DJI GO app and it's log files... How are you keeping records?

FYI- have no affiliation with Drone Logbook. They are active developers that are easy to get a hold of to make suggests. When you find a small app that solves a problem, it could for others too..

Note: This was posted on the General Thread but no one goes on there. My intentions are to get a discussion going on this subject as it directly relates to my P3P and DJI's logs.

Hi amarquart,

I also now will be flying and logging time commercially. Curious, if since you posted this, if you found a better, easier to use app/format for this purpose?

Thanks,

Canard-Aviator

Hi amarquart,

I also now will be flying and logging time commercially. Curious, if since you posted this, if you found a better, easier to use app/format for this purpose?

Thanks,

Canard-Aviator

Canard,

DroneLogbook is the only commercial app that takes log files so that is a big advantage. There are also numerous upgrades since this post and there will be a new universal mobile app coming this summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.