Phantom 3 pro gimbal ribbon

Reaction score
Hi there, I have finally got round to attempting a gimbal ribbon replacement on a phantom 3 pro I had bought bought damaged a few months back, the previous owner said everything worked ok until he crashed it , it looks ok from the outside,so I was hoping it wasn't a heavy crash. it drone powers on the lights flash on the rear but are solid red at the front , and the gimbal is lifeless no movement what so ever, I have changed the gimbal ribbon, but it is still life less , it was a cheap one of the bay, thinking that they are all the same , after reading at few post I should of got a more expensive one , there are so many to choose from , some are saying double ply ribbon , just wondered if someone could point me to a supplier who they had good results from , I think the last owner had a go at changing the ribbon and probably bought a cheap ribbon as well ,,what makes me think this there was tell tell sign's that someone has already had there fingers inside the drone , eny help or advice would b much appreciated thanks

What error message do get in the app? first thing i would check is the cable connections on top of the gimbal.

Hi there , Im unable to get the drone to link upto the app, the hand controller still links to the drone as it has the green dot, but that's as far as it will go. So I can't find any message errors

OKAY i only did a ribbon cable replacement 2 months ago after a major crash on my P3P...after watching many utube vidoes on how to do it correctly...after doing it and turning the drone on i was a Gimbal disconnected error message...what i did i updated everthing first the rc...then the bird ...restarted and perfect..hope this may help. cheers

Hi there , Im unable to get the drone to link upto the app, the hand controller still links to the drone as it has the green dot, but that's as far as it will go. So I can't find any message errors

Even some of the 2-ply ribbons can be counterfeit. I use F-stop labs for ribbon cables. However, even a ribbon cable may not bring a camera back to life if the main circuit board is bad. Since I have a test camera that works perfectly, I can test the main board first, but not everybody has a test camera. A quality ribbon is your first best step.

Thanks for all the advice guys , will try that f-stop lads for a ribbon , and will try a update it,I managed to get into dji app and I have these 2 updates , will have ago tomorrow let you know how I get on , once again thanks for all your advice and info , cheers jase

Attachments

• 20171007_223048.jpg
    20171007_223048.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 311
Hi guy's, still waiting for my ribbon to arrive , just a quick question just , my wifi is not picking up the drone , the controller is picking up the drone ,any idea's what could be wrong , cheers jase

my wifi is not picking up the drone , the controller is picking up the drone ,any idea's what could be wrong , cheers jase
wifi? That's normal. The advance and pro models do not use wifi like what a phone or laptop uses.

Hi there , just wondered because my p3 standard the wifi picks up my drone ,just thought it would be the same , sorry for the silly question my mistake , thanks for the clearing that up , I would just of created myself a problem ,lol

Hi there , just wondered because my p3 standard the wifi picks up my drone ,just thought it would be the same , sorry for the silly question my mistake , thanks for the clearing that up , I would just of created myself a problem ,lol
No problems with the question, you just noticed one of the differences between the standard/4k and the advanced/pro models. Standard/4k use the wifi on the phone/tablet for telemetry and video feed, the advanced/pro use the Lightbridge stuff DJI created in place of wifi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4