P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Pro Firmware v1.10.90 whats your experience? is there any bug?

My drone just crashed on first flight after updating to latest firmware.

I have resisted updating for 8 months and have flown without any problems...until today. I decided to update firmware while on holidays. I updated Phantom, remote & batteries. Quad connected well, everything seemed Ok on the ground. Then i took off, went out about 1000ft and the Phantom just dropped from the sky with 96% battery remaining!

. I found it at the last point indicated on my map. Quad has smashed frame, props & camera. I will send it back to DJI for (hopefully) a warranty repair.

My suggestion, if you Quad is flying well, DO NOT UPDATE!!

Wow that's crazy! Sorry to hear that, please share what dji says was the cause was, also I'm just wondering what firmware did you update from? The plus is they can't say "you weren't on the latest firmware so you have to pay for any repairs" that's the only thing that worries me about not update but so far I've stayed away but recently I have noticed some small cracks in the bottom of my front right prop so I might have to send it in soon and they will most likely update my FW when they see I haven't, it's happened once before to me. I've also noticed a lot more vibrating since the small cracks have shown up, wonder how long I can push it!

Hi, if anyone out there can help me it would be much appreciated. I have a p3 pro and did a firmware update a few days ago and have not been able to connect my Controller to my phantom since. I can still move the gimbal, though. I've seen that I am not the only person to have come across this but I haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried different cables and devices, uninstalling and then reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I sent my Phantom 3 advanced in for poor video down link and all around poor signal. I would work good for one flight but I could not get a second flight. The app would not bind with the drone. I could unlock the motors and fly it blind. I send it back to DJI to have them look at it. I di not know if it was the firmware or something else. They ended up sending me back a new drone. Now the kicked is it did not have firmware 1.10.90. came back with 1.9.60+ I've been told the plus means it was downgraded.I don't know for a fact if that it correct. someone here maybe can answer that. Point is they did not leave it or upgrade it to 1.10.90 WHY ?
The + means a module has an upgrade higher than the listed FW package version. Likely that's your battery.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, if anyone out there can help me it would be much appreciated. I have a p3 pro and did a firmware update a few days ago and have not been able to connect my Controller to my phantom since. I can still move the gimbal, though. I've seen that I am not the only person to have come across this but I haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried different cables and devices, uninstalling and then reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked for me.

If the app does not say "disconnected" then the mobile and RC are connected. Different cables won't help then.
If it does say "disconnected", try rebooting the mobile while RC on and mobile physically connected.
If the AC and RC aren't connected RC has red Vs green light, try doing the re-link process.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've also had the "disconnected" issue, unplugging the cable from the RC and then plugging back in fixes it for me, best of luck to you!

Hey guys, i updated my firmware today. I was still on 1.8 so i had to update to 1.9 then to 1.10. I thought it would be a great idea to update and now i wish i could go back. on 1.8 i never had any issues as soon as i finished updating i took my drone out for a flight and i take my photos in Raw+Jpeg and now my Raw photos looks horrible and have multi colored pixels all over the image in all the dark areas of the photo. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to correct it, or downgrade to a previous firmware? I am trying to chat with DJI tech support but they keep passing me around to different reps.

Downloaded it and lost over half of my distance on my drone. Probably lost about 2/3. Are you going to make a fix for this?

Downloaded it and lost over half of my distance on my drone. Probably lost about 2/3. Are you going to make a fix for this?

So have you lost 1/2 or 2/3 of your range?
Are you using iOS or Android? If its Android you can rollback.
Are you flying in exactly the same location/s as prior to the update?
I ask as it's possible that coincidentally, there could now be interference affecting the Lightbridge signals? This has happened to me, but flew elsewhere and it was fine again. I've since flown in the affected area again and yep, it's still the same - range before RTH kicks in is about 1/3 of the distance I can achieve elsewhere.
And who is that question directed toward - this isn't a corporate DJI owned forum?

So have you lost 1/2 or 2/3 of your range?
Are you using iOS or Android? If its Android you can rollback.
Are you flying in exactly the same location/s as prior to the update?
I ask as it's possible that coincidentally, there could now be interference affecting the Lightbridge signals? This has happened to me, but flew elsewhere and it was fine again. I've since flown in the affected area again and yep, it's still the same - range before RTH kicks in is about 1/3 of the distance I can achieve elsewhere.
And who is that question directed toward - this isn't a corporate DJI owned forum?
Thanks, I was thinking this might be DJI. I spent most of yesterday on chat with them. I'm using android. What does that mean rollback? I tried to downgrade to a lesser upgraded firmware.

Thanks, I was thinking this might be DJI. I spent most of yesterday on chat with them. I'm using android. What does that mean rollback? I tried to downgrade to a lesser upgraded firmware.
I we
I will try somewhere else to fly to see if it might be interference. I can't get the drone to download the older version of firmware. I have a p3p BTW. I would love to factory reset.

I we

I will try somewhere else to fly to see if it might be interference. I can't get the drone to download the older version of firmware. I have a p3p BTW. I would love to factory reset.
Is DJI letting you downgrade your firmware. Last I know it was not possible.where in the past you could go back 2 version. With 1.10.90. it would not let you.

Are you using this method?
Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6
Start at the beginning and work your way through, and make sure you understand the process fully before you attempt it.

Last edited:
Hey guy, I havent use my P3P since 7/3/2016. I was wondering if I should update? The last firmware i did was 1.06.0040
I trun on the RC and Aircraft and got this .
APP 3.1.3
Version 1.5.30+
RC 1.5.70
Flight Controller SN 03Z0112044
The app is up to date because i got a new phone and just download it.

Hey guy, I havent use my P3P since 7/3/2016. I was wondering if I should update? The last firmware i did was 1.06.0040
I trun on the RC and Aircraft and got this .
APP 3.1.3
Version 1.5.30+
RC 1.5.70
Flight Controller SN 03Z0112044
The app is up to date because i got a new phone and just download it.
If nothing else I suspect you'll need a new battery....

new battery? why and how did you get that?
I havent really use this p3p maybe 3 flights since i got it. how do i test my other batteries
Because lipo batteries must not be allowed to completely discharge. If they do, the cells get damaged and will not recharge properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl