Phantom 3 pro dead gimbal

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm kinda new here and I just bought a phantom 3 pro with a dead gimbal (not turning on when I turn on the aircraft). Any advice on what parts should I replace to fix it? Thank you in advance!

First thing to look at will be the flex cable.
Flat , black , power and video signal input cable.
You will find it winding in and out of the gimbal's frame.
Stopping at the rear of the camera.
Look for any crease points or obvious tears in the material.
If some one has replaced this cable with an aftermarket cable, this could very well be the issue.
If you are certain that this cable is not damaged, check all flex cable connection points.
Make certain that the cable is plugged in properly.
Hard to diagnose without having drone in my hands but this will be a good place to start.
There is a place in Georgia called Personal Drone Repair if you are curious about any local ( Non DJI) repair shops.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Johnny gosney
While flex cable is the most common point of failure, if electronics doesn't power on, I'd first check the power.

Places on the board where specific voltages should be are marked with said voltage, ie "3V3" or "1V2" or "5V".

Reactions: Photomaton
I just bought a phantom 3 pro.yesterday $150.no battery or cntrlr..I my self had the phantom 3 advanced.i loved it so much.awesome drone well I wrecked it hit a poll.anywaysigot this drone after I got there to buy it I plugs my battery to it an the gimbal was making a weird sound .but when I helped the gimbal to level out after it's intital start up dance .it wouldquit .as soon as I let go it would make a strange noice .it was like when I barely touched it tolike help it stay there it quit like something was weak .well when I paydhim I was on my way home .I decided to fore it up with controller an app.it took a minute to link every thing an when I calibrated it the camera picture came up I was like cool but it still maid that whiny sound an idea lose connection.so I got home.charged both battery's from the wrecked advance I. Got an my controller .all charged up tryd turning every thing on an dead gimbal now no picture an it's tell me I need to update firm ware

I just bought a phantom 3 pro.yesterday $150.no battery or cntrlr..I my self had the phantom 3 advanced.i loved it so much.awesome drone well I wrecked it hit a poll.anywaysigot this drone after I got there to buy it I plugs my battery to it an the gimbal was making a weird sound .but when I helped the gimbal to level out after it's intital start up dance .it wouldquit .as soon as I let go it would make a strange noice .it was like when I barely touched it tolike help it stay there it quit like something was weak .well when I paydhim I was on my way home .I decided to fore it up with controller an app.it took a minute to link every thing an when I calibrated it the camera picture came up I was like cool but it still maid that whiny sound an idea lose connection.so I got home.charged both battery's from the wrecked advance I. Got an my controller .all charged up tryd turning every thing on an dead gimbal now no picture an it's tell me I need to update firm ware
Think twice about updating it. That is not the problem with the gimbal.

Reactions: Johnny gosney
Are the gimbals on the advance an the pro are they inter chanable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20