Phantom 3 Pro Connection To iPad Mini 3, Won't Launch App

One thing to look for is that DJI has often sent out a refurb unit so that something gets shipped back to the customer quickly. This was especially true back when P3s were king of the hill and DJI had a lot of units in for service. Also, it has been reported by a few folks that DJI installs AC FW v1.11.30 as part of testing even though they also often say that v1.11.30 does not exist. There's a chance you may get back a completely different AC, so watch for that.

Since you sent yours in with one of the original FW versions, you may need to read up on the changes introduced with the various FW versions since then. For example, geo fencing and intelligent flight modes to name just a couple.

I'm sure I speak for most here when I say that I'm looking forward to hearing your next update! :)

Update: I received my P3P and they made a point to let me know on the work order it was a Professional 3 and not an Advanced. I have not been able to test or see if they fixed as needed because as luck would have it. I had a mishap at our R/C Flying field and my iPad Mini 3 hit the ground and cracked my screen. I am in the process of now waiting to scratch up enough to get my screen replaced. Looking at my P3 it looks like they gave it a complete once over. I did notice the Micro SD card taped to the top of the P3. I will be able to test my P3 once I get my iPad Mini 3 fixed.

Update: I received my P3P and they made a point to let me know on the work order it was a Professional 3 and not an Advanced. I have not been able to test or see if they fixed as needed because as luck would have it. I had a mishap at our R/C Flying field and my iPad Mini 3 hit the ground and cracked my screen. I am in the process of now waiting to scratch up enough to get my screen replaced. Looking at my P3 it looks like they gave it a complete once over. I did notice the Micro SD card taped to the top of the P3. I will be able to test my P3 once I get my iPad Mini 3 fixed.
Bad news about your iPad screen. I don’t have any idea about the cost of replacing an iPad screen, but maybe think about putting that money towards a later (more powerful) device. The Mini 3 is largely the same as the Mini 2 and those devices seem to be getting more and more fringe for the GO apps. Just something to think about. Best wishes. ?

Bad news about your iPad screen. I don’t have any idea about the cost of replacing an iPad screen, but maybe think about putting that money towards a later (more powerful) device. The Mini 3 is largely the same as the Mini 2 and those devices seem to be getting more and more fringe for the GO apps. Just something to think about. Best wishes. ?

Oso,
After doing my research and looking around it seems to replace my screen will be between $125 - $175. One thing I have noticed also is that just using normal apps my iPad Mini 3 get's extremely hot. This is something I am sure will drain the life of the battery and if I am using it to control my drone it can shut down to overheating which can't happen. I am now leaning to putting this toward a brand new tablet. I kind of want to stay with a size no bigger then the controller bracket. Want to stick with iPad and want to make sure it has Cellular and Wifi. So my search is on. Thanks for all your input.

my mini 2 is to weak so i cant fly for a while now. i agree.

Oso,
After doing my research and looking around it seems to replace my screen will be between $125 - $175. One thing I have noticed also is that just using normal apps my iPad Mini 3 get's extremely hot. This is something I am sure will drain the life of the battery and if I am using it to control my drone it can shut down to overheating which can't happen. I am now leaning to putting this toward a brand new tablet. I kind of want to stay with a size no bigger then the controller bracket. Want to stick with iPad and want to make sure it has Cellular and Wifi. So my search is on. Thanks for all your input.

Oso, besides being my birthday today, I am happy to report that my DJI Pro Phantom 3 flew for the first time today, and a second time. I teamed up with a fellow club member who has the Phantom 4 and we met up today at our flying field, JCAC, Johnston Country Aeromodeling Club, to get mine going. Batteries all charged, went through my pre-flight and checked everything. Set her down on a wooden aircraft table about 30 feet from me, turned on, and I had power for the first time. I was able to fly her no more then 100 feet away and up, that is a feature of Beginner Mode which I was flying in. It's a beginning and I plan on exploring more for sure, but for now, "She Flies". I want to thank everybody that chimed in: David_Cambridge, Capt KO, SouthTexas&RioGrandeFlyer, Quaddamage, JoBe and of course you Oso.

Reactions: Oso and quaddamage
This thread was a great read. I love it when someone like you doesn't give up and the help you received continues to flow in until a solution is finally achieved. I'm happy to hear your P3P has now finally been successfully flown and wish you many hours of successful flying ahead.

This thread was a great read. I love it when someone like you doesn't give up and the help you received continues to flow in until a solution is finally achieved. I'm happy to hear your P3P has now finally been successfully flown and wish you many hours of successful flying ahead.

Thank You REL you are spot on why myself and so many others have join Phantom Pilots. I actually was a member for years before I even made my first post and it was because of my listed problem. I had been following several posts and actually getting all kinds of information when the time came for me to fly my Drone. I plan on taking it out on Saturday for a few more flights and to get more familiar with my controls and DJI Go App.

Reactions: Oso
David, I am set backup. I have a linked Drone to Controller. App still does not allow me to switch to Camera view. Taking you advice I was able to move the camera gimbal up and down using the Gimbal Dial. I was able to also turn on the Video Recording and use the Shutter button. Other than that I have no other control on the Drone.
Here we are April 6th of 2021 and my P3Pro is doing the exact thing described here. Drone and Remote have green linked lights. (micro sd card is out), I open the DJI Go app on a brand new ipad mini (bought that because I thought the old one was the problem. I open the DJI go app and slide to the P3Pro portion and there it sits. I can run the P4Pro with the remove, but nothing on the ipad mini screen. The app remains static with no response from the camera. I've swapped out the connection cable three times. All the same. Is there a solution? It worked until the current DJI Go new software was installed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik