Phantom 3 pro appears as advanced

Reaction score
hello.
i have phantom 3 professional but dj go show me that my drone is advanced..

i have 4k camera, and gimal have fan.. also on body of drone write professional.
on dji formum i send them my serial number and they said that my drone is professional

but what is problem.. i can install firmware of advanced but when i try install firmware of professional its like that sd card not in gimbal, nothing happen..

can somebady help me..thanks

I know very little about this problem....I have one now that occasionally does this for whatever reason.

With everything on, back out of the app. then start the app again and choose Phantom 3 professional manually. I know it isn't a real solution to the problem, but it has worked for me. I have one that does the exact opposite at times. An advanced that thinks it's a Pro, or an Inspire 1. I have no clue why!!! I gave up on trying to figure it out.

Hopefully someone will come by that knows a real fix and what causes the problem.

I know very little about this problem....I have one now that occasionally does this for whatever reason.

With everything on, back out of the app. then start the app again and choose Phantom 3 professional manually. I know it isn't a real solution to the problem, but it has worked for me. I have one that does the exact opposite at times. An advanced that thinks it's a Pro, or an Inspire 1. I have no clue why!!! I gave up on trying to figure it out.

Hopefully someone will come by that knows a real fix and what causes the problem.

Hmmm..i try do it.. But still dont have 4k resolution for chose..
Really dont Know what to do more

Are you saying that the Professional has the Advanced firmware in it?
I'm not sure how to correct that.

There has to be a way to do it because people are making Pro's out of Adv. by changing gimbal and camera.

Hopefully, someone that knows how to do that will see this thread.

Are you saying that the Professional has the Advanced firmware in it?
I'm not sure how to correct that.

There has to be a way to do it because people are making Pro's out of Adv. by changing gimbal and camera.

Hopefully, someone that knows how to do that will see this thread.
Of corse.. Last night i install firmware of advanced.. But when i try install Professional nothing happen

Do not try to install Pro FW, you obviously don't have Pro board in your camera. Your camera is probably assembled from spare parts, and Gimbal Top Board is from Advanced. This effectively makes your drone Advanced, as that is the only difference.

Only difference besides stickers, ensigns and printings.

Reactions: Joker2415
Do not try to install Pro FW, you obviously don't have Pro board in your camera. Your camera is probably assembled from spare parts, and Gimbal Top Board is from Advanced. This effectively makes your drone Advanced, as that is the only difference.

hmm..ok if u think like this.. but advanced gimbal dont have fan... but my gimbal have fan and its working..if inside board of advanced fan will not work..
administrator on dji forum told me that i can install firmware of advanced if my drone pro, or i can install firmware of pro if my drone is advanced, coz its same firware, this they told me..

but if like that why i cant install firmware of pro..?? something not ok

somethimes when i open dji go app. app show me that my dron pro after 3 sec this change in advanced..

hmm..ok if u think like this.. but advanced gimbal dont have fan... but my gimbal have fan and its working..if inside board of advanced fan will not work..
Both can have a fan.

administrator on dji forum told me that i can install firmware of advanced if my drone pro

I can only hope this is not what he ment, cause otherwise he's .. of limited competence.

or i can install firmware of pro if my drone is advanced, coz its same firware, this they told me..

No it isn't. It's almost the same, but not the same.

but if like that why i cant install firmware of pro..?? something not ok

Because you don't have Pro. I mean, you can still install it. Extract the modules from P3X firmware using the tools, and modify them so the drone won't notice it's the bad one. If you circumvent the protection, it will install and you will have your bricked camera, just like you wanted. Tools here:
o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

somethimes when i open dji go app. app show me that my dron pro after 3 sec this change in advanced..

And why do you think is that?
As a test, try connecting Go App to RC with the drone turned off. Which drone the app says you have now?

Both can have a fan.

I can only hope this is not what he ment, cause otherwise he's .. of limited competence.

No it isn't. It's almost the same, but not the same.

Because you don't have Pro. I mean, you can still install it. Extract the modules from P3X firmware using the tools, and modify them so the drone won't notice it's the bad one. If you circumvent the protection, it will install and you will have your bricked camera, just like you wanted. Tools here:
o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

And why do you think is that?
As a test, try connecting Go App to RC with the drone turned off. Which drone the app says you have now?

when i connect go ap to rc when is drone is off this dont show me what is my drone.. this only give me that i chose what drone i want use.. i can use mavic, phantom 3 pro, phantom 3 adv, phantom 3 standard..

can u make for me firmware professional that work to my drone.. i dont know how to use this software what u send me.. i afraid i will do something wrong.. hh
can u do it please..

se what dji administrator told me

administrator:
Actually Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advance has the same latest firmware version of v1.11.20. Great job in successfully updating the firmware of your aircraft. In order for you to set the 4K resolution on your aircraft. Go to the camera settings of your DJI Go, then look that icon below the capture button.

after that i ask:
tell me is posible, for example people who have phantom 3 pro install firmware of advanced??
u said its same firmware..
but why i cant install firmware of professional even my drone is professional..

and administrator said:

Yes, that is possible. Since they have same firmware version and updates.

can u make for me firmware professional that work to my drone.. i dont know how to use this software what u send me.. i afraid i will do something wrong.. hh
can u do it please..

Sorry, not interested.
You will do something wrong if you pursue this.

when i connect go ap to rc when is drone is off this dont show me what is my drone..

Good conclusion. I hope this answers your question.

and administrator said:

Yes, that is possible. Since they have same firmware version and updates.

"same firmware version" is not the same as "same firmware".
Though he clearly didn't knew much about these drones.

There are two differences:
- No DaVinci module (m0800) in Advanced
- Different Ambarella firmware (m0100)

Sorry, not interested.
You will do something wrong if you pursue this.

Good conclusion. I hope this answers your question.

"same firmware version" is not the same as "same firmware".
Though he clearly didn't knew much about these drones.

There are two differences:
- No DaVinci module (m0800) in Advanced
- Different Ambarella firmware (m0100)

what u want say "Good conclusion. I hope this answers your question." im now confused, how will RC know what drone i use if drone is off..
my RC is GL300A and i read on forums this is RC of professional..

what u want say "Good conclusion. I hope this answers your question." im now confused, how will RC know what drone i use if drone is off..

Well, exactly. If you see a drone changing at start, that's because your mobile device received identification data from more modules within the drone.

my RC is GL300A and i read on forums this is RC of professional..
Where?
GL300a/b/c are interchangeable. Differences between them are not even noticeable for a typical end user.

Reactions: JoBe
Well, exactly. If you see a drone changing at start, that's because your mobile device received identification data from more modules within the drone.

Where?
GL300a/b/c are interchangeable. Differences between them are not even noticeable for a typical end user.

"Well, exactly. If you see a drone changing at start, that's because your mobile device received identification data from more modules within the drone."
this happened before with old firmware. after i update drone with latest firmware of advanced.. now app always show me that my drone is advanced.. but before first open pro after 3 sec this change in advanced..

write on google gl300a u will see everyone said this is RC of professional..

write on google gl300a u will see everyone said this is RC of professional..

Tried that, first result linked me here:
Controller Compairison. GL300C vs GL300A vs GL658B

Good thread, lots of empirical data. Though many things outdated now.

Well, it's up to you who will you believe. We're all just random people on the internets.

If you want to know what your drone is made of, just open it. Disassemble the gimbal. Compare what you see with pictures here:
o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

Reactions: JoBe
I always find it interesting when people come here for help from very experienced and knowledgeable people, but then just push back on and disregard the guidance they get from from people who take the time to respond. Also, once they realize later that the reps on the DJI forum and DJI customer service frequently give wildly incorrect information, they never seem to come back here to thank the folks who gave them the correct information all along.

Reactions: Jim Canada and JoBe
hello.
i have phantom 3 professional but dj go show me that my drone is advanced..

i have 4k camera, and gimal have fan.. also on body of drone write professional.
on dji formum i send them my serial number and they said that my drone is professional

but what is problem.. i can install firmware of advanced but when i try install firmware of professional its like that sd card not in gimbal, nothing happen..

can somebady help me..thanks
the firmware is different for the P3A (file starts with P3S even when not a P3S) and the P3P (file starts with P3X). are you sure you are using the correct fw for your model? are you the original owner? if not maybe someone put a P3A camera and gombal on the P3P body.

sorry quaddamage that i replied before reading the whole thread. i for sure am not even close to your level of expertise (most are not) so i will move along now. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic