Phantom 3 Pro, 4K camera gimbal.

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post and I am also a first time UAV owner.

I bought and had my Phantom 3 Pro delivered a couple of days ago. Everything seemed ok and tested out fine visually except for one thing. I did notice that the transport gimbal clamp was not attached properly and so the camera was moving loose when I removed it from the box.

However the camera looked ok and I took it out for a first flight yesterday and the video and photos taken on the first flight appeared to show that it is working / calibrated ok as the horizon levels looked normal visually and control was good.

On reflection I am concerned about the gimbals possible life span. I am guessing if something were to happen to the camera in the near future caused by any cumulative stress from being transported around [from China to the UK], DJI will just assume that I broke the camera myself. I have read that these are very fragile (and feel fragile) and the cost of replacing these are significantly higher than I imagined.

As standard diligence when taking delivery of high value items like this, from companies with an alleged hit-and-miss customer service, I did a video unboxing which can confirm what I found.

Any advice, or experience on whether I should return the unit etc, would be appreciated.

Hello,

This is my first post and I am also a first time UAV owner.

I bought and had my Phantom 3 Pro delivered a couple of days ago. Everything seemed ok and tested out fine visually except for one thing. I did notice that the transport gimbal clamp was not attached properly and so the camera was moving loose when I removed it from the box.

However the camera looked ok and I took it out for a first flight yesterday and the video and photos taken on the first flight appeared to show that it is working / calibrated ok as the horizon levels looked normal visually and control was good.

On reflection I am concerned about the gimbals possible life span. I am guessing if something were to happen to the camera in the near future caused by any cumulative stress from being transported around [from China to the UK], DJI will just assume that I broke the camera myself. I have read that these are very fragile (and feel fragile) and the cost of replacing these are significantly higher than I imagined.

As standard diligence when taking delivery of high value items like this, from companies with an alleged hit-and-miss customer service, I did a video unboxing which can confirm what I found.

Any advice, or experience on whether I should return the unit etc, would be appreciated.

Almost everyone's gimbal clamp was not attached on delivery. If you search the forums, you'll see it's a known issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about it assuming it functions correctly.

It has a year warranty and any potential defect will likely show up within that time frame.
Almost everyone's gimbal clamp was not attached on delivery. If you search the forums, you'll see it's a known issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about it assuming it functions correctly.

Many thanks, my mind has been put to rest. I can now just concentrate on waiting for the rain to stop so I can do my 2nd flight…

Mine arrived loose last spring, as well. Not one problem since then with lots of flights. You sound meticulous, so maybe you'll always pack yours carefully. But sometimes in the haste of the moment, I've packed mine and forgotten to clamp it. It has always been OK. The gimbal is designed for multi-dirctional movement under stress. You should be fine.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl