Phantom 3 loses remote connectivity at 30 yards

Reaction score
My phantom 3 loses connectivity to the controller at about 30 yards. Signal drops, drone returns to home, or close enough to get signal. Suspect its just antenna issue or connectivty. However the question is, if its going to cost $300 to repair, I'd rather put that money in a new drone. Really like the mini2, but I love the wapoint point option on the phantom where I can set location and direction with the Phantom, and then have it execute a very smooth flight plan. If I do replace the Phantom 3, whats the next level drone that has that capability? TIA!

yeah. Phantom 3 are weak on the antenna signal lost issue. there is a fix. it requires a bit of skill in micro soldering there is this tiny capacitor that goes out due to heat. when that is bypassed with a wire. you will regain range and connectivity. find that video on you tube. is a very easy and effective hack. good luck to you.

Reactions: 3putts and Xitor
If it's a p3s you have sometimes relinking can help establish good signal again,,
Mine was never happy till I upgrade remote with some argtec triples (3 antenna instead of 1 )

This one had a crash and the entire camera unit broke off drone. I bought some parts and put everything back together but think I didn't link the antenna properly. I also installed an antenna upgrade at the same time as fixing this which was a little stupid as I don't now know which caused the problem the crash or my antenna install.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik