Phantom 3 & GoPro Alligator Hunting Video.

Reaction score
Louisiana issues alligator tags based on the type of marsh and the amount of marsh land owned (approx 150 acres per tag). This conservative method has thrived in Louisiana and has been adopted by other states. If done right, Alligators are a renewable resource that is respected and keeps giving year after year.

And, we like to have fun with it.

Viewer discretion is advised.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: cnynctry
Great video. Excellent editing- really nicely put together.

I think the Phantom video could be improved in post a bit- deepen contrast & saturation a bit.
Again this points out how superior the GoPro camera is to the Phantom's- which I do not understand as it's supposedly the same Sony sensor

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So what happens to the gators once youve shot them? Do you eat them?

We have the option to sell them to a buyer or keep them and skin/butcher them ourselves.

I would say that 99% are sold to a buyer. The buyer has the gator processed and they use just about every part of the gator.

@jephoto Yeah, I did post edit the P3 video a bit, but I didn't spend much time. I did NOT post edit the GoPro video.

Thanks for the comments.
If we could get that quality on the P3 I'd be ecstatic. I'ts just SO much better right out of the camera.

Awesome Video !!!!

Alligator is my favorite meat, tastes like steak but melts in your mouth better then veal. It's pretty much unbeatable with great flavor. If you ever get the chance to try it, you will walk away happy. Great video :)

Reactions: Amigorick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31