Phantom 3 EU output power limit

I have both - the so call pre-production which is 100% IDENTICAL to the production unit that I received 2 days ago from DJI.

This pre-production talk is just a myth - the box, contents, even down to the little drawstring bag with propellers are the same. Who puts stickers, manuals etc into a pre-production unit?

Would be good to see your new p3 flying as far as your pre production p3. I am sure Heliguy had a flight of around 5k.

Forget the beeps! test fly it and see! When I get mine,I'll push the boat out :)

I will take the 'production' unit out once the weather calms down. Having flown 12000 feet in windy conditions I am not in a hurry to try that again in a hurry

Reactions: leekiya
Forget the beeps! test fly it and see! When I get mine,I'll push the boat out :)

Be careful - The P3 will fly like a jet and get to 10K feet in no time... think battery.... the last 20% goes really quick. Can you get back??

I have done long distance flights with my P2. Yes you are right battery is crucial. judging the headwind also!

Hey,

just wanted to let you know: I had a few emails with technical support and they confirmed that they produce two different versions and ship them according to the destination.

Yes this is what I have been told many times from dji and still think. It's blade strike and Ed who say other wise. I asked for my last email to be sent to someone higher as 2 people who work for them on the forums were saying other wise, the reply came back a few days later saying this matter had been looked into further and stated it was factory set according to the shipping destination. Even stated a U.S. version would Still fly in FCC mode in the UK.

So........ do I Buy one from outside EU?? To get a high power version???

I would try to order one from the US. Thing is that customs might not grant import because there is no CE badge on the package I think.

The Non-UK version has a CE badge. My pre-production unit has a CE badge...

I've just got my P3A yesterday but won't be flying until next week as I'm away but I think Blade and Tahoe ED are spot on with their post about the FCC CE setting.

Why would DJI complicate things by making two versions of each TX when a simple GPS check automatically sets FCC or CE on the TX depending in which territory you are in!

image.jpg
So does the UK version one you have not have that.
I have 3 transmitters - they all have exactly the same info at the back. EXACTLY... no difference between Pre-production, UK import (official DJI) and non european market version

Last edited:
It is not only the transmitter where there could be differences.

The copter also needs to have a higher tx power.

So mohan, your 20dbm version has a CE badge on the package or on the transmitter / phantom?

Retailers dont see it being auto gps so who knows, seems the only way this thread will ever get put to bed is if mohan trys that same flight with his UK model. If it gets there then it would strongly suggest a Auto Gps setting for sure. If it doesn't get anywhere near the same distance then its all most certainly a factory setting.
Course both models could be factory set to CE but i doubt that because that distance was amazing, and if it were the case then who cares, it would mean that the CE models were not restricted for distance. Still think that pre production will be set to FCC (its just to far a distance to be in CE), and his new models wont get the same distance. Trust me when i say this tho, i hope im wrong very wrong and our CE versions are not restricted for distance.

I've just got my P3A yesterday but won't be flying until next week as I'm away but I think Blade and Tahoe ED are spot on with their post about the FCC CE setting.

Why would DJI complicate things by making two versions of each TX when a simple GPS check automatically sets FCC or CE on the TX depending in which territory you are in!

One retailer has said this is far to advanced a feature to be out now, and maybe something we will see a few years down the line. Who knows i dont think we ever will. Dji say the same thing again and again to many of us, but blade and Ed get told different from them which you wouldn't expect. All though blades last comment on this was he was going to look into this further again and check.

Just spoke to quacopters co uk and he thinks it could be easy for dji to set in that way, how ever he has been asked this a lot so has asked dji himself, He to as been told it is factory set according to shipping location. So there even saying the same things to retailers who are selling these things.

Just spoke to quacopters co uk and he thinks it could be easy for dji to set in that way, how ever he has been asked this a lot so has asked dji himself, He to as been told it is factory set according to shipping location. So there even saying the same things to retailers who are selling these things.
So maybe it's true, they made 2 versions... So importing one from China or US may be a FCC version with longer range.

Just a thought but maybe the power output is controllable via software?

The DJI Pilot app may not allow changes but perhaps in the future we'll see booster apps that allow the power to be beefed up.

Which would favour the Professional version as currently that's the only one accessible via SDK.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3