Phantom 3 EU output power limit

These playback videos are great for those of us still waiting to get our birds.
They are really good for familiarisation with the app.
The way it calculates the Bingo point (Yellow H on the timeline) is brilliant.

wow - if that info from pea was true it might open up possibilities. I could see if the CE and non CE version have different values??

"I have found a way to increase the power. Plug your P3 to a computer via the USB connector, wait for it to be recognized. You will see a new device in the windows device manager "generic usb communications port". Right click that, select "properties" and tick the box "allow console acess via localhost". Then use putty or a similar terminal emulator and connect via RSH to "127.0.0.1" using username "root". Password is "0090034". You are then logged in the bird.
Change directory to /etc/config/wireless, and edit the file "lbridge.cfg" using vi. Look for the setting "txpower". Depending on if your model is CE or FCC, it will be either 5 or 9. You can change this to a maximum of 15. Not sure how that will affect temperatures of the wireless unit.. but I've tried it with a value of 12 and got a huge increase in range. Edit the setting, save the file, then power-cycle the unit.

Let me know how far you guys can get with this."

Could me pls help me how to that on a Mac ?

Also the height limit.

Many thanks.

The quoted post is fake and from a recent troll.

I got another confirmation from DJI this is set in a factory:
DJI Forum|Phantom 3 mode: FCC (USA) v.s. CE (Europe)

I have asked about changing int in their service, and i got negative answer.
I also asked what should I do, get a new radio or new parts from a drone. I got answer it is both in radio and a bird.

"This also refers to both the radio receiver ,so it does not work to change the remote controller."

Thats what I got.

wow - if that info from pea was true it might open up possibilities. I could see if the CE and non CE version have different values??

"I have found a way to increase the power. Plug your P3 to a computer via the USB connector, wait for it to be recognized. You will see a new device in the windows device manager "generic usb communications port". Right click that, select "properties" and tick the box "allow console acess via localhost". Then use putty or a similar terminal emulator and connect via RSH to "127.0.0.1" using username "root". Password is "0090034". You are then logged in the bird.
Change directory to /etc/config/wireless, and edit the file "lbridge.cfg" using vi. Look for the setting "txpower". Depending on if your model is CE or FCC, it will be either 5 or 9. You can change this to a maximum of 15. Not sure how that will affect temperatures of the wireless unit.. but I've tried it with a value of 12 and got a huge increase in range. Edit the setting, save the file, then power-cycle the unit.

Windows10, firmware P3X_FW_V01.07.0060. Computer connection with bird , see attached file. Why? Please help!

Attachments

• Putty_photo.jpg
    Putty_photo.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 545
Thats what RC send to drone....commands from RC. In this case you don`t need to know root password because it no need to log in. I think you use wrong usb on bird....try this on ligtbr.unit...it ask you for username and password....and I think the password 0090034 is wrong, but You can try....meaby you get lucky!

Yea. Old news. ;) But it was changed to 0090210.

Last edited:
Hello, some news ? I have the feeling that this history of debriding to FCC is only ********. Someone succeeded to connect ?

Thank you !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj