Phantom 3 EU output power limit

It would appear the main reason even most at dji do not know the answer to this setting question with mixed answers from them selves, will probably be that the new P3 has not gone into production yet which they will start when things are finalised in aprox 2 weeks. Just watched this video with jim bowers on the dji stand at NAB about when they go into production. lets hope dji have had enough questions about this from the public to consider making them switchable like all there other phantoms.

lots of things answered in this video really, and not, with a few don't knows.

Last edited:
It would appear the main reason even most at dji do not know the answer to this setting question with mixed answers from them selves, will probably be that the new P3 has not gone into production yet which they will start when things are finalised in aprox 2 weeks. Just watched this video with jim bowers on the dji stand at NAB about when they go into production. lets hope dji have had enough questions about this from the public to consider making them switchable like all there other phantoms.

lots of things answered in this video really, and not, with a few don't knows.

The P3 is well under production and probably has been for the last month or so.
FB_IMG_1429199986220.jpg

I thought of that picture I had seen on here before when the guy from dji said that. Just goes to show the confusion with everything right now when people from dji them selves keep stating different things. That video was from nab as well just a few days ago, and that horrible back pack question came up again. Lol

Cause they could have been the prototypes that someone snapped a picture of months ago. A guy from dji does state in that video they were not in production yet. Just a possibility.

For the amount of units that have to be made and shipped to all the outlets world wide there is no way they haven't started production.

im with you on this, just pointing out when guys from dji them selves are saying things on interviews its easy to see how so many rumours are doing the rounds right now.

Thank you for contacting DJI Store.
Yes, you are right, the FCC and CE cannot be changed in APP. However, the communication distance of the CE and FCC are the same. So There is no need for you to change the CE to FCC model if you are located in EU. Thank you for undersatnding

Wish you have a great day!
Best Regards
DJI

bad...I will wait till someone report what is reality ....

Yes, you are right, the FCC and CE cannot be changed in APP. However, the communication distance of the CE and FCC are the same. So There is no need for you to change the CE to FCC model if you are located in EU. Thank you for undersatnding

Best Regards
DJI

The reality is while their is a manufactured limit as there was with the P2 it wasn't long before these things were flying well past stated specs. The imposed restriction should not be a boundary to your imagination, in no time you will be seeing people on youtube flying well past 2km, and i bet i will be one of them:) i have never published my excerpts with my P2 but i can tell you McDonalds is nearly 3miles away from where i live, yes i love filming and yes i love tinkering to make things better thats why i love these phantoms.

Last edited:

Best Regards
DJI

Bizarre claim isn't it....
So why don't they just ship all at a fixed "CE" power and save any bother?!!
How much can you reduce the power until they admit there is a correlation between RF link budget and range......

Guys, believe it will be possible to modify RC and add booster and different type antenna. After that sky is the limit

if the range is the same why have 2 setting ? its the same as buying metric/imperial and imperial/metric tape measure ?

Hopefully CE is not limited to 400' in altitude. I can't check as I have sold my P2V+ but I think CE on the P2v+ limited the height and not the range.

It would seem crazy from a production point of view that if ce mode gets the same distance why not just make them all to the same spec? We'll just have to wait and see I guess

Hopefully CE is not limited to 400' in altitude. I can't check as I have sold my P2V+ but I think CE on the P2v+ limited the height and not the range.

You are right CE will restrict height too 1000ft for multi rotors weighing less than 3.5kg

400 ft is the height Limet in the UK your correct with that. The app has a height limet of 500 Mtrs tho so is this true. Is that true, is anything true. I'm going to bed I'm to drunk and can't handle all the what ifs and hopes. Wake me up when we all get delivery of them and so soooo many questions and romers get answered.

Reactions: johnjay

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj