Phantom 3 EU output power limit

Yea i would really like to read it, i have been through that post over on rc groups and can not see anything stating it will be auto set to were you are. Not saying your lying just cant find it anywhere thats all. cheers

There's tooooo much- I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy, etc., going on to believe anything you can't read from the DJI oracle. Even then you have to wade throught the translational errors.

It is what it is. The Phantoms are consumer all-in-one devices aimed at folks with no r/c experience. Be prepared for them to increasingly place limits on their use and make it more difficult to over-ride the intrinsic safety and operational restrictions.

Last edited:
Yea we all ready see a hight limit on the app and like you say as time goes on there will be more and more. We will find out about CE and FCC soon enough i guess, i am just really wanting to know sooner tho if its a auto setting or not cos im far to inpatient. lol

Very true bud, was just hoping for rock solid fpv out to 1k that's all. I bet the first few hundred they send out will all be set to FCC regardless to were there sent to, to insure nothing but good YouTube flight distance videos with them.

Very true bud, was just hoping for rock solid fpv out to 1k that's all. I bet the first few hundred they send out will all be set to FCC regardless to were there sent to, to insure nothing but good YouTube flight distance videos with them.

Rediculous.

They have to get FCC and other local (international) type certifications or face fines and likely delivery interruptions and delays.

It was more of a joke comment than a true thinking statement. In any case tho why are they not doing it with the inspire, and let's not forget I have not seen any solid evidence they are doing this with the p3 yet.

By that I mean giving us an option to change it like on previous models, and there for taking the responsibility away from them selves.

Well thats good to read about long distances even on CE settings, and if blade was flying in FCC which i guess he was then at that distance with still good signal that all so suggests that even in CE you should still get good range out in the open. Cheers for that borgqueenx your a star.

Either way I'm sure you could open the controller. Do some soldering switch it maybe?

Because the software tells the hardware? If you are able to reverse FCC and CE. Then you laughing when you're in the UK Because it thinks that you have been set to CE

I don't know if that would work just an idea

What about fitting a 2.4 Ghz 2 Watt booster and a TP-Link Patch Antenna. Would this still be possible?

I don't think you could to be honest, i use a similar set up now with a fc40 with good antennas and get great results. I think any boosting for the p3 now is going to be down to FPVLR with a antenna upgrade similar to the one they have now for the inspire, but sadly that will involve taking the controller apart and getting your soldering iron out and voiding any warranty you ever had, as from what i hear those stock antennas will not just screw of allowing a simple upgrade of them to the legendary 2.4ghz helix antennas they sell, which is a massive shame. Im no expert on this subject only know a little bit from what i have done with my fc40 FPV set up ground station sort of thing.

I don't think you could to be honest, i use a similar set up now with a fc40 with good antennas and get great results. I think any boosting for the p3 now is going to be down to FPVLR with a antenna upgrade similar to the one they have now for the inspire, but sadly that will involve taking the controller apart and getting your soldering iron out and voiding any warranty you ever had, as from what i hear those stock antennas will not just screw of allowing a simple upgrade of them to the legendary 2.4ghz helix antennas they sell, which is a massive shame. Im no expert on this subject only know a little bit from what i have done with my fc40 FPV set up ground station sort of thing.

No FEAR did you know they are using 2 watt boosters and tp link on the inspire, watch this guy fly over 5km with is inspire..

The live view and the remote control uses the same frequency but are limited by different rules. According to the spec for P3 they only reduce the remote control output power in EU and not the live feed signal. The live feed signal is 100mW all the time.

This is from the spec of the P3 from DJI page so it should be accurate I guess?

/hakan

Reactions: leekiya
The live view and the remote control uses the same frequency but are limited by different rules. According to the spec for P3 they only reduce the remote control output power in EU and not the live feed signal. The live feed signal is 100mW all the time.

This is from the spec of the P3 from DJI page so it should be accurate I guess?

/hakan
I had some negative thoughts when i heard about the new limitations imposed on the new P3 but not anymore, already on other forums people discussing possibilities regarding over coming this what looks now like a minor inconvenience.

Ahh a see what your saying and did read this my self this afternoon, and thought it was just contradicting stats and on the website and didn't make sense of it. Now you mention it in that way i see what your saying and it makes sense. This is good news as i am not after silly distance records for youtube, only good quality fpv out to 1k or so, so if the live feed signal which like you say on dji's website does not state different live feed strength for CE or FCC and stays at 100mw all the time then FPV will be just as good on CE units as FCC units so to speak. Obliviously minus the bit that they can fly further of course and providing that the 100mw live feed signal does not travel along that same controller signal so to speak. Again way way out my depth here on how lightbridge works ect ect but im sure someone can shed some light to how true this may be. sounds logical to the things you have pointed out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4