Phantom 3 Disconnected

Reaction score
I am trying to refurbish a Phantom 3 Standard. Parts wise it is complete, but I cannot get the drone to link with the controller.
I have tried connecting via the RC link in the DJI GO app. I have tried pressing the link button on the craft, then holding the wheel on the left side down then toggling S2 on the controller.
With the app, it times out, with the toggle approach it just keeps beeping.
I have tried replacing the gimbal and camera assembly with one from a working P3 and the drone and RC link. I get video and telemetry on my phone/tablet.
I have tried updating the Firmware using V1.5.70, which a YouTuber recommended as a usable downgrade version and V1.9.20. Having inserted the formatted SD card I have
held the link button down then switched on the battery. After 10 seconds the Firmware should be heard downloading, but nothing happens.
The working P3 Standard that I have, the Firmware downloaded no problem.
As the drone and RC link and the camera and telemetry work using the working P3's gimbal and camera, does the fault lie with the repair drone's own gimbal, maybe the board?
Any thoughts before I spend any more money would be appreciated.

Maybe this will help-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

at the end of you video when all was finished why was your camera pointing to the left?

Thanks but no. The Firmware does not even start to update. The WiFi works because the app opens and I can see details for the RC settings, but there is nothing coming from the drone. It says Disconnected. No battery status, no video, cannot enter Max Height, RTH Height, MAX Distance, cannot calibrate compass. It has to be the Gimbal motherboard I think or the Antennae that connect to the gimbal board via the black and grey wires. Any thoughts anyone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31