Phantom 3 controller signal

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding what type of signal the Phantom 3 uses and how it basically works. I was flying near some tall supports for a building, and there were some metal objects on top. When I went to fly by one to film, as soon as I went behind it, the transmission signal was lost. I couldn't see my drone, and was waiting a few seconds until I heard a bang. Then my Phantom fell from there and smashed on the ground. Here is what figured happened: I did some research and found the sculptures were made of stainless steel and aluminum. As I flew behind them, the signal was lost and RTH was initiated. but, the home point was directly behind the tower. So, the Phantom just flew straight into it. Kind of disappointing. I just wanted to know if the metal interfered with the signal or if it was something else. Thanks!

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here so we can review it.

Yes metals and buildings with concrete are known to heavily block exchange of signals between RC and AC and if that happens for over 3 seconds, RTH will be initiated.

Thank you! just wanted some confirmation on that. Seems a lot more worth it now to get the Phantom 4 Pro!
How Phantom 4 will resolve such issues? You will face the similar signals blocks even with P4. Are you saying that you know the issue now so you want to buy another phantom?

I am saying that with the obstacle avoidance, there will be a greatly decreased chance of a crash because it can make out objects and go around them.

I had the same problem when trying to take off in a near full car park... I noticed the warning signal before taking off and launched from another area.

Obstacle avoidance is not the best solution. The best solution is to set your RTH height high enough so that your AC will auto-elevate and then fly over whatever obstacle may exist.

Reactions: N017RW

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers