Phantom 3 battery question

Reaction score
Just a quick one else about storing my p3 battery. I have been told I should store it between 50%-35%, so if I take my drone out with a full battery and land it at 30%-25%, is it then ok to store the battery at this charge or is it safe to part charge the battery to 50% or do I need to fully charge and then use it until it's down to 50%

You're good at 25 to 35%. However after 10 flights they also say to take the battery down to 8% for maintenance. I do that by leaving the craft turned on without the motors running, no props, indoors, until it reaches 8%. Make sure you mark each one as you do it, so you know it's been done. I mark my batteries with a felt marker (1 thru 4) so I know which one is which, then put a slash mark on it as I do the 8% drain step. These markings are all done in an area that doesn't show when the battery is installed.

Last edited:
Thanks man. One other question I have about the battery, how long does it take for it to lose charge when it's not being used ? For example if I store my battery at 30% how long would it take to drop down to 25%, weeks, months etc ?

Mark - It is intelligent batteries. On the DJI app there is a setting (in days) that will dictate in how many dates the batteries wil discharge themselves. Settings > Aircraft Battery > Time to Discharge

Not sure what is the bottom percentage that they will discharge though... E.g 8% min.

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl