Phantom 3 Advanced: shaky footage

Reaction score
Hello,

I happen to experience some issues with my phantom. The camera doesn't stay steady while flying, meaning I can take clear photos but I can't record a video as it would result in a shaky footage that I can't make use of.

Unfortunately I cannot attach a video to this discussion, I believe it could have helped you understand better what i'm referring to.

Hello,

I happen to experience some issues with my phantom. The camera doesn't stay steady while flying, meaning I can take clear photos but I can't record a video as it would result in a shaky footage that I can't make use of.

Unfortunately I cannot attach a video to this discussion, I believe it could have helped you understand better what i'm referring to.
Better Check your props. Also rubber damper balls.

Reactions: brigerdrones
Better Check your props. Also rubber damper balls.
I have replaced the dampers, and the props are just fine. I start to believe the problem might be with the gimbal. Thing is, the gimbal doesn't make any weird noise or movements when i turn on the drone, nor i have noticed any component to be out of place (i have also took the gimbal apart yesterday).
I'm no expert at drones, so a clue on what part of the gimbal could cause this issues would help :)

Video evidence would really be beneficial. Upload it to youtube and post the link here... It could be a number of things from vibrations, to gimbal problems. How do you know the props are fine? Have you balanced them? I have had props out of balance cause a bad vibration that showed up in the video...

Video evidence would really be beneficial. Upload it to youtube and post the link here... It could be a number of things from vibrations, to gimbal problems. How do you know the props are fine? Have you balanced them? I have had props out of balance cause a bad vibration that showed up in the video...
Okay, here's a link to the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To answer the question on the props, no, i haven't balanced them. I didn't know there's such thing as balancing them, the only thing i did is check them for damage.

Ok, that video is definitely not prop issues... that is in the gimbal... Almost like the gimbal is coming hard up against something... does the gimbal have nice smooth and easy movement in each direction, when not powered up?

Ok, that video is definitely not prop issues... that is in the gimbal... Almost like the gimbal is coming hard up against something... does the gimbal have nice smooth and easy movement in each direction, when not powered up?
I have checked multiple times. The result is that the gimbal has a smooth movement in each direction.
On second thought, I was thinking the opposite, meaning that something could be a bit loose.

I have also attached a few photos of the gimbal.

Attachments

• 7398C09F-4223-431F-A521-CDE19621F50C.jpeg
    7398C09F-4223-431F-A521-CDE19621F50C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • 1A9EFD67-86FB-44D2-8F59-C1FBBBEC3C19.jpeg
    1A9EFD67-86FB-44D2-8F59-C1FBBBEC3C19.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • 531CDBAE-FA56-4088-A83F-0B14161EFEB0.jpeg
    531CDBAE-FA56-4088-A83F-0B14161EFEB0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 97DDCF6E-2739-4288-9678-F22611ED2A5B.jpeg
    97DDCF6E-2739-4288-9678-F22611ED2A5B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
By the looks of the footage, its in the motor at the back of the gimbal. I think I would take the back cover off and see if I could see anything amiss in there... Has it been involved in a crash or anything? Or just started happening?

Reactions: brigerdrones
make sure on your camera you dont have all four plastic pins in your only supposed to have 2 the cameras supposed to be free floating not attached if you attach camera using all four pins you will get shaky footage not saying this is ur issue but some people add all four. i have mine completely pin free i just used the rubber ball inserts and used zip ties for crashes works nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31