Phantom 3 Advanced no picture on mobile device and gimbal disconnected message

Reaction score
Have an Advanced that I bought on craiglist and took a grand total of one flight with it. Camera worked fine and gimbal stabalized the image fine. Flies great but noticed that the roll arm was a little bent. Ordered a new one with a new motor. Installed and also threw in a new SD card. Powered up and gimbal does its normal warm up so I'm assuming that the new roll motor is working fine. Only now there is no image. Checked the connectors with the grey wires and they are seated. Took everything apart again and reseated all connections. Still no image. Thought I may have tweaked the ribbon cable so I ordered a new one and installed and still no image. Also noticed that the gimbal light flashes green for a long time and occasionally goes to solid green and solid red before going to flashing green again. What's up with this thing????

It might be worth relinking the controller again and also re-flashing the firmware. Give them two a shot and see how it goes.

Also the only way I can ever link my phantom 3 advanced is to start it up in this order

1) turn on remote
2) turn on drone
3) launch app
4) plug usb in controller
5) plug usb in phone

If I swapped 4 and 5 around it will not give me an image.

Reactions: Photomaton
Have an Advanced that I bought on craiglist and took a grand total of one flight with it. Camera worked fine and gimbal stabalized the image fine. Flies great but noticed that the roll arm was a little bent. Ordered a new one with a new motor. Installed and also threw in a new SD card. Powered up and gimbal does its normal warm up so I'm assuming that the new roll motor is working fine. Only now there is no image. Checked the connectors with the grey wires and they are seated. Took everything apart again and reseated all connections. Still no image. Thought I may have tweaked the ribbon cable so I ordered a new one and installed and still no image. Also noticed that the gimbal light flashes green for a long time and occasionally goes to solid green and solid red before going to flashing green again. What's up with this thing????
let me guess you updated the firmware but forgot to mention that in your post? no, then did you try ti with the old card back in? sounds dumb i know but the sd card has done bizarre things in the passed.

I never had a original SD card. I just have the new one. Controller has up to date firmware but bird and camera are still old firmware. Tried the above sequence with the same results. I couldn't even upgrade the firmware. I tried with two different SD cards that I put in the gimbal. Doesn't go into upgrade mode with the flashing red and green. Just flashing green no matter what I do. Somethings not right. Since the roll arm that was replaced doesn't seem to be the culprit the only other thing I did, like I said was put in an SD card.

I also noticed that it takes a while to shut down. Red light just keeps flashing then finally shuts down.

Still thinking it's s software problem. Noticed one problem. Like a ******* I didn't copy the bin file to the root dir. I had it in another file. fixed that and tried to upload it to the phantom with no luck. Still flashing green and will go to solid red and green like it's trying to work but then go back to flashing green. Also plugged in USB cable to see if it's creating a log and it's not. It keeps dropping the connection with the USB cable every time is cycles between light cycles also.

Got the verdict back from repair shop. Gimbal has a bad main board. Weird that it decided to fail at the exact time I did the roll arm repair??? Anyway. Bought a used Pro camera off ebay so hopefully it will work and be an upgrade also.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.