Phantom 3 Advanced Gimbal Kaput:(

Reaction score
Hey, all so for a few days, I was getting the gimbal overload error message and now my gimbal is completely dead. Camera works fine. Will not respond. No noise no movement no anything. Please help!

Hello, you will get help on this forum, these guys are good!
More input from you is needed.
How long have been flying this P3A?
Must have had a crash at some time?
Camera just faces strait down?

Your Turn👌

Rod

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Awesome! Ok so I bought this drone used 2 weeks ago and was working fine. It wasn’t until a few days ago that the gimbal overload error appeared a few times and then one day it was just unresponsive. The camera points kinda straight forward and when flying it will just kinda move around limply. Camera works great though. I’ve never crashed it but who knows about previous owner but was in excellent condition. 🤞

Hey everybody, I need some help with some thing. I was getting the gimbal overload error for a few days and now my gimbal is completely unresponsive. Camera works fine but there is no movement or noise or anything from there gimbal. Any ideas?
Sounds like you need a new roll motor, and /or pitch motor + a new OEM flat black ribbon cable.

Reactions: RodPad
The goal is keep this thread busy, I have been off these forms for a few years, but I still have two P3A that work, I will ask you some questions later. I know I have had all gimbals apart before, etc.

Anybody, give us a jump start..

Thanks Rod..

Let’s stay here!

Its not high tech but everything is so small, I will post some pictures of a P3A camera parts later today.

KachemakDiver, Thanks for helping out, you seem familiar from the past. 👌

Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved posts from the thread in Introductions to this one for discussing the gimbal issue. Please keep posts for the gimbal issue in this thread.

Thanks.

IMG_2823.JPGIMG_2824.JPGIMG_2825.JPGIMG_2826.JPGIMG_2827.JPGIMG_2828.JPG
Here is a start for you.
Rod..

Reactions: brigerdrones
Ok doesn’t look TOO bad. I’ve worked on cars my whole life but never anything this small. So where do you guys recommend to buy parts for the P3Advanced?

Ok doesn’t look TOO bad. I’ve worked on cars my whole life but never anything this small. So where do you guys recommend to buy parts for the P3Advanced?
It was working, of coarse? Did you pay to much. :)

Its not working now, you might just find a cable that has came loose.

Rod

Last edited:
Yeah I’ll take it apart and look for loose connections and anything suspicious. The guy had it in storage for 2 years so was kinda dusty. Where do you recommend I can buy parts from?

Come on Dude! Now you fess up, this is the cause, you look bigger than me, I guess I won't try to kick your *utt.
Its going to be a messed up gear, I or others will help out with the parts, its not going to be a loose wire.

Mechanic? :rolleyes:
Did you know there is a Parking Brake on cars..

YOU MADE MY DAY! 👌

Rod

• Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister
Yep, those gimbal locks have caused a lot of headaches, but they also prevent damage to the gimbal during unpowered handling. A tag attached to it reading ‘remove before before applying power’ can help you remember to take it off at the proper time. Also a step in your preflight checklist helps.

The HaHa on the previous post was for the Mechanic and Parking Brake analogy. Not the misfortune of leaving the gimbal lock on.

Last edited:
Thanks,, I have some twisted humor, but is my personality, I cant fix that, it has got me in trouble in the past. 👌

Most important to me helping others, these forums are awesome for that!

Rod

Thanks,, I have some twisted humor, but is my personality, I cant fix that, it has got me in trouble in the past. 👌

Most important to me helping others, these forums are awesome for that!

Rod
Most definitely! Each forum seems to have experts that really know how to troubleshoot and repair each different aircraft. It is why we are such a great resource to our members. We all learn as we grow and sharing the knowledge we gain expands the knowledge base within our hobby.

@Droneted should be able to give @efrancanojr options and guidance to fixing his issue.

Reactions: Droneted and RodPad
Well, I hope I didn't make this guy mad, but I was thinking that I usually never use gimbal locks. It makes it is heaver flying and you can't move the camera.. :)

For real, I remember my self sending a P3S twice for repair, (UNDER WARRANTY), one time it didn't come back with a lock on the camera, it was in the box.

I take many pics before I send one of these in. All numbers (MAC) etc. Compare what they sent back, etc. I always want to know what they did. I actually have a flight that was on the Black Box Chip that they did in California before they sent it back to me.

I try to save data before it gets overwritten or lost.
Anyways, I remember and there will be some stuff on this forum, People receiving a brand new P3*'s and they never found the gimbal lock. :rolleyes:

Hey Dude we are waiting..

Rod

Hello, you will get help on this forum, these guys are good!
More input from you is needed.
How long have been flying this P3A?
Must have had a crash at some time?
Camera just faces strait down?

Your Turn👌

Rod
I am having the same problem, I have live camera feed but the gimbal is dead.
I purchased the P3S 2nd hand and had only been flying about 3 months when i'm not real sure what happened but it was about 50 ft off the ground and just tumbled down.
when i picked it up the camera and the arm holding it onto the gimbal had separated, the motor had actually come apart (also broke 3 propellers and the landing legs).
I replaced all motors and ribbon cable. Now when I turn it on the is no movement from the gimbal and the camera faces down but I do have camera view.

Attachments

• P3S1.jpg
    P3S1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • P3S2.jpg
    P3S2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
I am having the same problem, I have live camera feed but the gimbal is dead.
I purchased the P3S 2nd hand and had only been flying about 3 months when i'm not real sure what happened but it was about 50 ft off the ground and just tumbled down.
when i picked it up the camera and the arm holding it onto the gimbal had separated, the motor had actually come apart (also broke 3 propellers and the landing legs).
I replaced all motors and ribbon cable. Now when I turn it on the is no movement from the gimbal and the camera faces down but I do have camera view.
Welcome, this thread kind of went dead.
I recommend you make your present known here:
Start a new thread here:

I have P3S parts, well it didn't survive a fall from a 200' tree.

I would do those two things first. 👌

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav