Phantom 3 advanced. Extra range??

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm trying to get my p3adv to fly more than 500m in distance. I've unlocked all 30 channels.
In settings it only allows u to set upto 500m how do we fly longer distances please????

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi guys. I'm trying to get my p3adv to fly more than 500m in distance. I've unlocked all 30 channels.
In settings it only allows u to set upto 500m how do we fly longer distances please????

Have you turned OFF the distance limit setting?
Look for enable max distance and be sure it's OFF.

EDIT: I think that is one of the settings saved in the Phantom, so be sure to have it connected so that it saves when you make the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

Is this horizontal or vertical distance?
I don't know where you're from and sometimes language differences can confuse. No offense intended.

dbb78d9de38c2433c96de22ca34e6fe1.jpg

If enabled max flight distance. But see here it only allows 15-500. What's this all about and how do I go further please???

If enabled max flight distance. But see here it only allows 15-500. What's this all about and how do I go further please???

Enabling max distance actually limits your range to 500m or less. So you need to disable it to go further.

Is that right. Lol. Something that easy! How far can I safely fly now with full control still?
Thsnkyou

It depends on where you fly. If it's in an open area with no interference, it can go very far (2-3 miles). With a windsurfer, I was able to go 7-8 miles. But in urban setting, the range is reduced hugely.

Reactions: JoBe
It depends on where you fly. If it's in an open area with no interference, it can go very far (2-3 miles). With a windsurfer, I was able to go 7-8 miles. But in urban setting, the range is reduced hugely.
7-8 miles with nothing but a windsurfer? Seriously? And you got it back??

Sure did with a windsurfer & battery mod of course.
a892e6139471f2e9ddbe5b76d2011205.jpg

Ahhh right... amazing.. I couldn't understand how you managed that with a standard battery. That's what stops me going further than 3 miles with a windsurfer setup. You can see the "GO home" was very close to kicking in.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 280
Ahhh right... amazing.. I couldn't understand how you managed that with a standard battery. That's what stops me going further than 3 miles with a windsurfer setup. You can see the "GO home" was very close to kicking in.

That run was done with a battery mod as you can see flight time was close to 33 mins. But the Smart RTH setting in Go app is pretty conservative. You can fly past that warning. If there is very light wind, my calculation is it takes 2 mins for every 5000 ft @ 30mph. Based on the remaining flight time displayed on Go app, you can figure if it's enough to get home or not. And when I fly back home, I cancel RTH so I can fly at 30mph or more because default RTH speed is only 21-22mph. If more speed is needed, I switch to ATTI.

That run was done with a battery mod as you can see flight time was close to 33 mins. But the Smart RTH setting in Go app is pretty conservative. You can fly past that warning. If there is very light wind, my calculation is it takes 2 mins for every 5000 ft @ 30mph. Based on the remaining flight time displayed on Go app, you can figure if it's enough to get home or not. And when I fly back home, I cancel RTH so I can fly at 30mph or more because default RTH speed is only 21-22mph. If more speed is needed, I switch to ATTI.
Yeah, I agree. I turned off RTH as I returned and got back with about 6 mins remaining. Thanks for that calc but TBH, I quite like that buffer, but may push it a minute or two in the future!
Re. ATTI, I've done some tests and I can't seem to attain any faster speed with it engaged?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl