Phantom 3 advanced crashed into a tree

Reaction score
It was bound to happen.... As soon as I got off the ground my baby went coocoo and flew into a tree. The 'go' ap had an error message that said 'motor obstructed', The gimbal guard plate got jammed behind the camera . I pulled it out and it appeared to be working. I then restarted the app and the message was gone, then I put her back in the air, took her up to 150ft then landed.

It appears to be working fine, was that message strictly about the gimbal motor? Or should I get a closer look at it, maybe send it to the DJI doctors?

It was bound to happen.... As soon as I got off the ground my baby went coocoo and flew into a tree. The 'go' ap had an error message that said 'motor obstructed', The gimbal guard plate got jammed behind the camera . I pulled it out and it appeared to be working. I then restarted the app and the message was gone, then I put her back in the air, took her up to 150ft then landed.

It appears to be working fine, was that message strictly about the gimbal motor? Or should I get a closer look at it, maybe send it to the DJI doctors?

If the issue you could see was from the camera stuck at the Gimbal guard - then more than likely the error was related to that and with that jammed up, you wold see results like you experienced as far as I know!

Is the gimbal guard you mentioned one of those carbon fibre ones you attach on the feet of the landing gear? Been reading about that issue that some have same problem.

If the issue you could see was from the camera stuck at the Gimbal guard - then more than likely the error was related to that and with that jammed up, you wold see results like you experienced as far as I know!

Is the gimbal guard you mentioned one of those carbon fibre ones you attach on the feet of the landing gear? Been reading about that issue that some have same problem.

Yup that's exactly the one!!! That ribbon cable guard just paid for itself, that gimbal guard jammed in there and that's what stopped it. Removed it altogether for good.

I may bring it drones plus before flying it again just to be on the safe side. The shell is a little bruised :(

Well.... It was a good Idea at the time, hahaha

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl