Phantom 3 Advanced always disconnected

Thanks! Scary stuff! I'll try to make this happen. I see it is the gl300b RC. Does that make a difference?
So I guess I should download the file from the link you sent me and install into the root directory of both the thumb drive and a microSD card. Then I should update with the thumb drive in the remote control first and then put the microSD card into the camera gimbal on the drone and turn that on to update that. Is that correct?

Again, thanks so much for sticking with me on this. I really want to make this work as I got a stellar deal on it at $500 with a big backpack, three batteries and a bunch of neutral density filters. The guy has offered to buy back off me for $450 but I really don't want to sell it if I can make it work.

Yes do exactly that and good thing you have the "b" remote. That eliminates the DaVinci issue. Just be sure the usb cables are good before you do anything. Like i said just unplug the cable from the RC and plug ur phone/tablet into a pc first. If it only charges but the pc doesnt autodetect it (like any usb device) then the cable is the issue.

Gah. I plugged
It in with the cable and it said that it was setting it up. It then said that it had finished setting up and it was successfully installed. I can see it named G5 (it is an LG G5) only click on it it appears to be empty. This may be expected behaviour? What do you think? I have tried it with two different cables with the same result in each case.

Thanks again,
Phil

Gah. I plugged
It in with the cable and it said that it was setting it up. It then said that it had finished setting up and it was successfully installed. I can see it named G5 (it is an LG G5) only click on it it appears to be empty. This may be expected behaviour? What do you think? I have tried it with two different cables with the same result in each case.

Thanks again,
Phil
Thats exactly what u want to see. The cables are good. Proceed now with the update.

Thats exactly what u want to see. The cables are good. Proceed now with the update.
Okay, I have downloaded the firmware and put it onto the root of a thumb drive. I think and away until the previous owner can get together with me so we can do it together because should it mess the whole thing up in some way I don't want to find myself left holding a lemon. Am I being ridiculous? Should I just go ahead and do it or my wise to wait until I can find plausible deniability by having previous owner with me!?

Okay, I have downloaded the firmware and put it onto the root of a thumb drive. I think and away until the previous owner can get together with me so we can do it together because should it mess the whole thing up in some way I don't want to find myself left holding a lemon. Am I being ridiculous? Should I just go ahead and do it or my wise to wait until I can find plausible deniability by having previous owner with me!?
Ok just to be clear, you extracted the .bin file from .zip file and copied that correct? And it's up to you if want to wait. Clearly the RC has issues if it won't communicate at all with ur device connected to it. So there's no other choice other than to try the FW update. As it is now its a brick so you cant make it worse. Just be sure only the thumb drive is plugged into the RC and the other usb port is empty and have your AC turned off while updating the RC.

Ok just to be clear, you extracted the .bin file from .zip file and copied that correct? And it's up to you if want to wait. Clearly the RC has issues if it won't communicate at all with ur device connected to it. So there's no other choice other than to try the FW update. As it is now its a brick so you cant make it worse. Just be sure only the thumb drive is plugged into the RC and the other usb port is empty and have your AC turned off while updating the RC.
Yeah, I added the BIN file to the root. Thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

Yeah, I added the BIN file to the root. Thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.
Ok a couple other points. In the early days of the P3, the usb method was the only way to update the RC. Later updates added the ability to update the RC directly thru your device. Depending on what FW version the RC has now, the thumbdrive might do nothing. If it's successful tho, dont do anything with the AC unless you get a FW mismatch in the app. And if you do have to also update the AC with the sd card, have a small fan blowing on the camera/gimbal assembly to keep it cool.

You are quite welcome, I hope to hear good news!!
Good morning. OK.
I decided to take the plunge and try to install the firmware this morning. Attached is a screenshot of the root directory of the thumb drive. I put this into the remote controller and turned it on. I waited and waited and nothing happened. I know it was supposed take 60 seconds and I waited at least three minutes. So I've really got nowhere. Do you have any further possibilities to offer? Thanks again to sticking with me.

Phil

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 300.png
    ScreenHunter 300.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 183
Hi again. I figured I would attach a few images of both radio controller and the drone just in case the something to do with the model number that is preventing the firmware from updating. I hope that you will be up to help some more.

Attachments

• K3II4334.jpg
    K3II4334.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 159
  • K3II4335.jpg
    K3II4335.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 131
  • K3II4336.jpg
    K3II4336.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 131
I figured it wouldnt do anything, in later versions of the FW the usb updating option was disabled and the only wayis thru the app. But since you can't connect to the app there's not much else you can do. Was worth a try though. Its very likely that there's nothing wrong with the AC so at this point all i can suggest is either buying another RC or sending that one in for repair. Maybe there's another forum member here who knows a way to fix the usb issue on these RC's but my searches have found nothing.

Good morning, here is a transcript of the email I just sent to DJI support. I feel like I'm about to give up on this drone altogether which would be a great same as it's a good drone...

Good morning, thanks for your kind message. Here is my update. I put a microSD card with the bin file on it into the aircraft and it successfully updated the firmware. I then formatted the thumb drive that I had the bin file on as per your instructions and put the bin file back onto it and plugged it into the radio controller. Once again nothing happened.

I have recently reinstalled the operating system on my phone as a precautionary measure and reinstalled DJI Go. I started up. The start-up procedure I used was to start the radio controller, start the aircraft and then plug in the USB cable to the phone. Nothing happened on the phone so I started up the app. I went to the Phantom Advanced page and it offered me instructions on how to connect. However, it still won't connect and as such all I can see where the instructions and I could not get into any other page on the Equipment Section.

At this point I am about ready to give up. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help,

Phil

If you have anything else to offer that would be terrific.
Thanks,

Phil

**** it all. Now I'm seeing that the controller, when turned on has the green light flashing incredibly rapidly between red and green, just a blur. And it won't start the drone at all. Any idea what that means? Is it maybe a mismatch of firmware (with no way to upgrade the firmware?)
Phil

Actually, never mind, although the light doesn indeed keep flashing, it does in fact start up the drone and control it just fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT