Phantom 3 Advanced always disconnected

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm hoping somebody can help me. I recently bought a used funds and three advanced and it worked for a little while although it away says that the firmware needs updating but every time I try to do that it says that I have no connection and I can download it. Anyway, as I say it was working but now every time I set it up as instructed (start the controller, start the drone, plug in the phone) the DJI app does not set up and I have to start it up manually and then it says that maybe I have the Inspire I have to swipe to get to Phantom and then do the drop down to get to advanced and then I hit camera and it just says it's disconnected. Is anything I can do other I have to return it? It is so incredibly frustrating since it does actually work once in about 12 times. The other day I was down near some dockyards and even the blades wouldn't start up. The camera went up and down and the little green light was on on the controller but nothing would make the blades start. Then, when I got it home the blades would start but it still said it was disconnected. I'm getting to the point where I just want to throw it against the wall. Can anyone help before I do that?!

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Phil

Sounds like you need to relink your RC. Do the same thing, scroll to your device and tap connect to camera. That should bring up the main screen where you go into RC settings and scroll down to link Aircraft and then poke the button on the AC to link.

Sounds like you need to relink your RC. Do the same thing, scroll to your device and tap connect to camera. That should bring up the main screen where you go into RC settings and scroll down to link Aircraft and then poke the button on the AC to link.
Thanks. I'm so confused thought. I can't find any RC settings. Can you help me find that? I know I sound like a dummy! Also, you say to poke the button on the AC. What is the AC? Aircraft?

Thanks. I'm so confused thought. I can't find any RC settings. Can you help me find that? I know I sound like a dummy! Also, you say to poke the button on the AC. What is the AC? Aircraft?
Yes AC is aircraft RC is remote control.

Reactions: Phi Rose
It's also possible that your usb cable that connects the RC to your phone/tablet is faulty, which seems likely since its an intermittent issue. Try a new usb cable. Keep in mind that some usb cables only are for charging and do not have data capability. To test that plug the cable into your phone/tablet and then plug the other end into a computer. If the computer doesnt detect your device, neither will your RC.

Last edited:
It's also possible that your usb cable that connects the RC to your phone/tablet is faulty, which seems likely since its an intermittent issue. Try a new usb cable. Keep in mind that some usb cables only are for charging and do not have data capability. To test that plug the cable into your phone/tablet and then plug the other end into a computer. If the computer doesnt detect your device, neither will your RC.
I can try that but I tried it with my phone (brand new USB C cable) AND with my tablet (USB...'old'? 2?) with the same results.

Ok well just to clarify, when u select the correct AC in the app and tap camera, if it says disconnected then your RC is NOT communicating with your phone/tablet. If it says no signal then the RC and AC are not linked.

Are you using the gl300a RC? you can find the model on the label on the back at the top right.

Ok well just to clarify, when u select the correct AC in the app and tap camera, if it says disconnected then your RC is NOT communicating with your phone/tablet. If it says no signal then the RC and AC are not linked.
It says disconnected. Does that mean your advice with the poking of the button on the drone is still valid? Thanks SO much for sticking with me on this I really appreciate it and sorry I'm so dumb about all this! I am really a still photographer and know a LOT about that but this is all new to me!

Are you using the gl300a RC? you can find the model on the label on the back at the top right.
I am out and about right now and about to go to physical therapy (ooh, me aching back!) but will check later and let you know. Thanks again.

It says disconnected. Does that mean your advice with the poking of the button on the drone is still valid? Thanks SO much for sticking with me on this I really appreciate it and sorry I'm so dumb about all this! I am really a still photographer and know a LOT about that but this is all new to me!
It's not a linking issue if it says disconnected so yes my poking the AC button is invalid for now at least. We've narrowed it down to either a bad usb cable which you say cant be the issue, or, there's an issue with the RC. Since it won't connect to your phone/tablet there's no way to tell what FW version you are using, nor can the RC access the internet to update itself. The only thing i can think of now is to manually update the FW on the rc using the old USB method which I've never done. Hopefully someone else can advise on that. If your RC is the "A" version you might have bigger issues as that particular model uses a different chip (the DaVinci) and its known to act weirdly and just outright quit at times. You may end up needing a new RC.

Ok i found the old usb/sd card way of updating the RC FW. See attached screenshot
Screenshot_20181011-104339_Chrome.jpg

Depending on what version of FW both your RC and AC have you may need to update both so you won't have a mismatch. Also, if both updates are successful, at that point you may need to relink the RC and AC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20